Toronto Grand Prix Qualifying (13pics)

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just going through some of the Grand Prix pics I took yesterday. It was my first time trying to shoot one of these events and it was a great learning experience though it was tough to get good shots with media photographers in the media holes by the fence not to mention the other fence in front of me. There were alot of shots that were good in composition but bad in focus...oh well, next year I guess.

Here's a few, Ive also got some pics from the Drifting and Vintage GT qualifying that I will share later.

grandprix01.jpg

grandprix02.jpg

grandprix03.jpg

grandprix04.jpg

grandprix05.jpg

grandprix06.jpg

grandprix07.jpg

grandprix08.jpg

grandprix09.jpg

grandprix10.jpg

grandprix11.jpg

grandprix12.jpg

grandprix13.jpg

very nice , do u move with the cars when taking these kind of shots??

Thanx for the comments guys.

For these shots it was hard to pan as I was on a corner so it was hard just to go left to right, but yes you do have to move with them and use the continuous mode and hop for the best. I missed alot of good shots that were well composed but the were slightly out of focus due to slow AF, handshake etc.

I have a couple of paning pics that turned out pretty good though :)

Nice series...I think I like #4 and #7 most, though you did a nice job. What part of the circuit did you sit at? I've been to two....one year (95 I think), I sat just at the start of the looooong straight, and the next year (96...the year of the crash :(), I sat about 3 corners past the long straight. Good times.

great shots, some of the crops are a little funny but other than that you did a really good job

Most reactions

Back