Toronto Meetup April 14, 2007

:) I'm in town for sure. Availablity, I don't have a freakin' clue as I'll be in about 80 thousand different places out of only 20 thousand possible times this summer, but hopefully :)

EXcellent additions. Suzanne...lovin that third shot of the taps. Cant believe that woman hassled you over that fabric shot. At least it was not the meat cleaver guy from Kensington. :lmao:

Stu....hope you can make it to Doors Open. Im shooting both days....I hope.

This is about it for me. Finally finished the last of the editing.

I knew I could go on a meet without Chiller showing up someplace. I told me to stay home and sure enough one of me showed up in a cleaners of all places. :grumpy:
IMG_3324zz.jpg

Damn tree. Jeanne was off to capture a shot when this tree got in her way. Must have been the glasses. :lmao:
IMG_3282zz.jpg

This took some serious carving
IMG_3293zz.jpg

an old door thingy
IMG_3278zz.jpg

door at the end of the tunnel
IMG_3325zz.jpg

Im sooooooooo annoyed at myself I botched these shots. I did not take enough before the heavies came out. These biker stunt dudes were just awesome to see. Im gonna hunt them down again
IMG_3337zz.jpg

oh oh ....the heavies are gonna get me. Sorry for the quality...I was gonna get busted
IMG_3338zz.jpg

Chuck on the left eventually confronted me about takin photos on the property. Said I was tresspassing and stuff, and blah blah blah :grumpy:

This is the shot I was takin in Suzannes photo
IMG_3315aa.jpg

Ah Carl... I'm so happy to hear that I am not the only one who was accosted during this meetup. I'm sorry that I had to cut out early on you guys, otherwise you would have been able to shoot whatever you wanted without any problems what so ever with those biker dudes.

Jeanne, my group shot wasn't as good as your group shot. There was a blinker and since I didn't use a flash, things were a bit dark. You did a great job so I was more than happy to leave it at that.

EXCELLENT WORK HERE EVERYONE!

Wow. There are far too many fantastic shots on here to comment specifically so yeah... :lovey:

What a superb collection of images and fascinating to see the different takes on the same scene - I can empathasise with all of you over similar things that attract my eye when out and about. I shall have to get a rowing boat and paddle across the pond with Lostprophet to join you all. Yes we had an early version of high summer over here for all of the kids Easter holidays so waiting for your weather to come over an wreck havok on everything that has sprouted earlier than usual.

A super day out - what is TTC run-ins? Traffic police? We have jobsworth stopping pictures being taken over here as well - wonder how Canniletto would have got on trying to paint now days. A wonderful thread - thank you all for you postings and comments - feel that I am getting to know you all better. The Toronto Terrors at play!

(Heehee, funny new av you have there, Fangman!)

The TTC is the Toronto Transit Commission (our subway, streetcar and bus system). Another person on the subway/streetcar got snippy with Suzanne as she travelled to meet us.

Hey, you and Lostprophet (and anyone else who wants to join in the fun) are welcome to join us for meetups! What are you doing May 26-27?? C'mon over!

Love the additional photos, Carl and Suzanne!

(Oh, fun-nee Carl! That tree accosted me, not the other way around.) I really like the door thingy, the covered walkway, the biker and the gauge shots.

Suzanne, you had me giggling over that 'saved the best for last' punchline! So, will you be able to run interference for us during Doors Open? :D

Looks like another excellent meetup guys/gals! I will see if I can make it over from Ottawa for the Doors open in May! I was actually at the TO Zoo that morning you were all running around! Oh yeah, and excellent shots from everyone! You all have different but great eyes for shots, I love it!

Fantastic work as always from everyone. It sure looks like I missed a good time. Looks like I will not be around for the May 26/27 weekend as I will be up at Downsview for a Wings and Wheels show shooting aircraft. You guys should drop in if you want pics of aircraft and vintage cars. Three more sleeps and we are off to Banff, can’t wait! Woohoo!

Eric

What is Doors Open Toronto? I live just up the road in Waterloo, and might be able to drop in for a shoot some time. I keep missing the get togethers, I always manage to find out about them here on the board the day that they are happening, or the day after:grumpy:

Cheers,
SG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back