Toronto - Must Shoot List

anonymouscuban

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK all, heading to Toronto at the end of this month. Will be there a full week. My wife has work for the 1st couple of days in Mississauga where we will be staying. We then we will be moving to the Westin Harbour Castle for the rest of the trip.

I will be shooting whatever interests me while we walk around the city. Are there any locations I shouldn't miss shooting? Especially any places in Mississauga that I can kill time at while my wife is working?

Thanks for the help.

Staying in the Harbour area. My wife

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

At the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale. That's where we are staying. Wife will be busy with meetings so I have time to explore if there is anything close by to see. I don't plan on renting a car unless there is something worthwhile seeing/shooting.
Where in Mississauga will you be located ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Depending on what you like to shoot, in Mississauga near your hotel there’s Streetsville (oldish Main Street type buildings), the Credit River (park system with some decent birds), Port Credit (harbour on Lake Ontario with a lighthouse), or the modern centre of Mississauga with their city hall and newer high rise condo buildings. You can get to any of those by bus, the transit is good and people are friendly if you need directions.

For Toronto, you’ll be right in the tourist area so lots to see, i.e. Toronto Island, Lakeshore parks, CN Tower, distillery district, etc. etc. It really depends what kind of things you want to see.

Hmm, the hotel location reminds me of when my company sends me to a customer ... in the middle of an Industrial zone.
I don't know that much about that area ... but you are somewhat close to Lake Aquitaine Park (which I have never been to).

Not sre what your interests are: nature, architecture, street photography....Sun rises VERY early this time of year so you'll have to get up early for the sunrise - any spot on the Lake Ontario is great for that....good thing is that the sun sets late so plenty of time to find a spot for the sunset - Broadview Street south of Danforth is nice. Also being on Toronto Island for sunset is perfect but be mindful of the last ferry boat back.

I live in T.O. so here is an extensive gallery of shots I've taken in the city: Toronto

I'm not on this site too often but may be able to answer so questions.

Corner of Church & Carleton, Maple Leaf Gardens... all I know is hockey (but have never been there). It is an interesting historic building. Looks like you won't be far from the Hockey Hall of Fame.

In Mississauga somebody somewhere is undoubtedly playing hockey, ice rinks are nice and cool in the summer heat.

Great photos Phil.

There are a ton of good places to shoot in Toronto. Here's a short list of places to consider: Aga Khan Museum, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Reference Library (I know, a library? Believe me, it's spectacular--I loved it), Eaton Centre, Atrium Toronto (shoot up), Ryerson University (their performing arts center--I believe it's on Yonge), Fairmont Royal York Hotel, and believe it or not but I think I got my best photos of Brookfield Place (an office and mall with a huge ceiling that reminds me of the Olympic Stadium in Athens, the Hockey Hall of Fame is attached there). I didn't make it to the Distillery (I believe they require permits if you look like you're doing serious photography like...have a tripod) or Graffiti Alley but both looked tremendous.

If you don't mind walking, you can hit Brookfield Place, Ryerson, the Fairmont, Hockey Hall of Fame (a cute statue of youth players climbing over the bench) are all within .5 miles of each other. Also, tons of interesting skyscrapers and high-rises (I've attached a photo I just edited of one--no idea what the building is but it's near the Toronto Reference Library). If all you did was walk around downtown looking up, you'd see lots of cool architectural concepts to shoot.

Attachments

• DSC_8278.jpg
    DSC_8278.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
The best advice I can give you is to check the official City website:

Festivals & Events Calendar

Also search "680 News". I think they had an events calendar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back