Tough act to swallow

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alternate title: Rainy day Egret-gasm.

On rainy days I generally try to find egrets since they are easier to expose in low light. I found a spot where there were 12 Snowy and 3 Great Egrets hanging out in a very small area with lots of food. They were so focused on fishing they mostly ignored me. The few times I managed to scare them they flew around in a circle and came back and landed in front of me. I'm only posting a few, there are more here.. Thanks for looking and comments welcome Egret-Gasm 6 1 15 Flickr - Photo Sharing

Egret-Gasm 6_1 9 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egret-Gasm 6_1 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egret-Gasm 6_1 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egret-Gasm 6_1 18 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egret-Gasm 6_1 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Eels and fish! We've got eels and fish! COOL! LOVE the slime on the top eel (lamprey?).

Superb. Love #3 #5 looks like he has been put in a choke hold. Impeccable timing

Thanks everyone!
Eels and fish! We've got eels and fish! COOL! LOVE the slime on the top eel (lamprey?).
I'm not sure, but I think it is just an American eel..

Kris, nice, er..., action shots. It never ceases to amaze me how they can mange to get things going in head first, no matter what position they start with and often, how big it is.

What's with #5? It looks like a RWB took exception to the egret being there.

WesternGuy

I love that last one, but what is happening there? It is a great set!!! :)

Kris, nice, er..., action shots. It never ceases to amaze me how they can mange to get things going in head first, no matter what position they start with and often, how big it is.
What's with #5? It looks like a RWB took exception to the egret being there.
WesternGuy
I love that last one, but what is happening there? It is a great set!!! :)
The RWBB had a nest near by and it really disliked this one particular Egret. There were 2 other great egrets and about 10 Snowies. Everytime this one Egret got relatively close the RWBB just freaked out..

In case you didn't click through to the set.. These were the other 2 I managed to catch
Egret-Gasm 6_1 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Egret-Gasm 6_1 10 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

nice "feeding" set !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back