Tough Lighting Today

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today has been very overcast with occasional light sprinkles, so lighting has been tough. The birds weren't plentiful either. These were what I did manage at 3 different sites.
Male Wood Duck.JPG
Emden Goose ( small ).JPG
Butt Chewing.JPG
Tree Swallow ( small ).JPG
Tree Swallow2 ( small ).JPG
Tree Swallow3 ( small ).JPG

Nice set. Really like the two tree swallows. The tree swallows I find are best photographed in overcast or low light.

Nice set. Really like the two tree swallows. The tree swallows I find are best photographed in overcast or low light.
Thank you. If you read the sign on the nesting box, they were built for the Eastern Bluebirds, but Tree Swallows take every box in this park every year that I have been going there. I wonder if they are just more aggressive than the Bluebirds?

Thank you. If you read the sign on the nesting box, they were built for the Eastern Bluebirds, but Tree Swallows take every box in this park every year that I have been going there. I wonder if they are just more aggressive than the Bluebirds?

From what it states they built them to try and increase the population. So probably not many bluebirds around and tree swallows are plentiful so they would naturally takeover the boxes. Putting up boxes that other birds would also use would not help in increasing the population.

I do see a lot of Bluebirds there though. I guess they must build their own nests or maybe use holes in trees.

Haven't seen a bluebird in person yet. Would love to photograph one.

Nice set I love tree swallows. Like the way the water looks in the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen a bluebird in person yet. Would love to photograph one.
I hope you get to see one. They are a beautiful shade of blue.

Nice set I love tree swallows. Like the way the water looks in the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! They are a handsome bird for sure! The wood duck was in the river when I took the dog for a walk along it first thing this morning. They are another creature that doesn't allow me to get very close usually.

Most reactions

Back