Towerbridge at night: no flash!

Lyanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cc_towerbridge.jpg

Taken last year in London, actually one of the first experiments with night photography. I think this one was taken by the boyfriend, without flash, with the London Bridge we were standing on for stability. I think it was a long exposure, maybe 4 seconds or more.

Shot with a Canon Powershot G2

IMG_1144.jpg

Something completely different, shot early this spring in my parent's garden. It's the Chinese Cherry (or Japanese Cherry? I always mix em up) on a ridiculously clear day for that early in the year.

This one was taken with settings manual...didn't write them down though :(.
Shot with the G5

Yay. Good one!

A flash would not have helped any, anyway, over that distance. So all you ever could do was try to get it with a long exposure. Seems like the camera automatics even suggested a slightly too long exposure, for some parts of the photo look overexposed to me (bottom parts of the bridge towers).

But very good - says who has never in all her life ventured into nighttime photography herself.....

Editing in:

Ooops, you're producing photo after photo and were sending in the cherry blossoms while I was writing the first part of my comment...
I love blossoms of whichever fruit tree against a clear blue sky, so photos like that will always attract my attention (and my cherry and apple trees attract me and my camera EVERY SPRING! So by now I have ever so many similar photos here...)

Most reactions

Back