Toyo filters...

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I may have made a little mistake. Not a biggie, but a small one. I just won an auction on an UV filter made by Toyo 52mm... This is what it says: TOYO OPTICS UV 52mm FILTER IN CASE/CANON/NIKON...

I wonder if this is crap or if it is OK. I mean, can a badly manufactured filter screw up your pictures due to manufacturing? Or are they just not so efficient as the big brands? Or are they just as good?

Thanks and please give somebody else your vote... That is, NOT to Bush!

If I lived in the US, I would vote for JFK. But sadly, due to the fact that I live in Norway, I do not have the power to vote.

OK, but let's just focus on the filter now...

And BTW, it's not enough living here. You need to be a citizen of the US to vote just as in Norway which was given it's status as a nation by Sweden which had Norway too...

Erm... Correction. Norway always was a nation but we were under the control of Denmark untill Napolion lost the war and Denmark had to give Norway to Sweden as a gift, but Norway was never Sweden.

P.S. If your in Norway never tell anyone that we used to belong to Sweden and cetainly don't tell anyone that we once were Swedish as you'll probably get your head smashed inn.

As for the filters, I know nothing about that kind of thing.

Also I'm very much suprised that you knew that Norway was once controlled by Sweden. It's not common knowledge outside of Scandinavia.

Sorry. I'm bumping this one because no body has actually answered my question and I assume there are people who know about what I'm asking...

Hello I'm new to Photoforum so please bear with me

I have a Toyo Circular Polarising filter to use on my Canon 24-105 lens ( On a Canon 7D ) but I'm having focusing problems. My question is are these filters compatible with my equipment ?
Any help advice would be most appreciated!

Many thanks in advance John

No reason it should not be compatible assuming that it is the correct diameter.

You would do better explaining what the focussing problems are in a new thread rather than resurrecting one that is 9 years old.

Hi Chris

The problem is the auto focussing is very unreliable with the Toyo filter, Not something I experienced with a now damaged Hoya Circular Polarising filter.

Thanks for the advice I will submit a new thread

John

Most reactions

Back