TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

No invite is needed. You just join.

Looks like you made it..........

Wuhoo! Glad to see such great shots taken with the lens. Im really looking forward to seeing what else comes from you guys. :D

Mark
Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

after someone accepted my invite I made it.

"Hi TheBasedSloth,

Your request to join TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - 2 has been accepted."

Thatd be me. To clear up any confusion, if youd like to be a member of the flickr group, you have to ask permission through flickr. I then accept your request and you will be a member.

Marm

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

This is a ridiculously long time to have the lens. The rules say 7 days. I can see if something came up and you had it for 1 or 2 days longer.

mob-smiley.gif

It looks like things are at a standstill. The lens hasn't been shipped out or the OP hasn't updated the page.

It's a real shame. I would have liked to participate in this.

TPF Across America: The Story of One Lens' Efforts to Make Its Way Across Our Land, And the Obstacles It Faced, replete with Tales of Lensnapping, Lens Abuse and Neglect and Torture." :lol:

It seemed like such a SIMPLE concept. You get the lens. You spend the next seven days taking pictures with the lens. You pack the lens up and mail it to the next person on the list.

Really, REALLY Simple. WHAT could go wrong?? :lmao:

I seriously just can't quite wrap my head around what occurs to cause the lens to get held up for weeks, and MONTHS before moving on to the next participant. Do they just FORGET they have this lens that is NOT theirs? Do they lose track of time? "oh my, look at the time! This was supposed to go out on May 23...of last year!" Perhaps they suffer a blow to the head and forget how to prepare packages for mailing. Or maybe they have a bit of a brush with the law and in their haste to get across the border, they neglect to grab the lens and take it with them (which would be a shame, because THOSE pictures would make an awesome addition to the project!)...

Who even HAS the lens now?? I'm confused, because it looks according to the list on the first post like thebasedsloth should have it, but it looks like he just recently requested to even join the project, so I'm not sure how he would have been the next recipient. I think it's time for those pitchforks and torches that sparky got out...

EDIT: I see from the flickr group that thebasedsloth HAS had the lens...so who has it now? Darko81? They've been on TPF as recently as yesterday. Invisible? Surely HE wouldn't keep it for too long...although, it may be that he's mailed the package but now nobody can SEE it. :lmao:

It looks like somewhere between 7 to 9 people have had this lens since I had it. Let's say it's 9; if each person kept it a week, that would be nine weeks. But let's give each person TWO weeks, to account for travel time through the mail, missing the seven-day mark by a day or two, that sort of thing. So, 18 weeks is what it SHOULD have taken to go from me through the next nine people.
That would mean I would have had it sometime in March, right? No, I had it in April...OF 2012!! It has taken this lens approximately SEVENTY weeks to make it through NINE people?!?!

Mark, the next time, this project is gonna have to come with a test you have to pass first:
Question 1: Do you understand the concept of SEVEN days?
Question 2: Do you know how to mail a package?
Question 3: Do you have $800 to put down as a security deposit? :lmao:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back