TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

TPF Across America: The Story of One Lens' Efforts to Make Its Way Across Our Land, And the Obstacles It Faced, replete with Tales of Lensnapping, Lens Abuse and Neglect and Torture." :lol:

It seemed like such a SIMPLE concept. You get the lens. You spend the next seven days taking pictures with the lens. You pack the lens up and mail it to the next person on the list.

Really, REALLY Simple. WHAT could go wrong?? :lmao:

I seriously just can't quite wrap my head around what occurs to cause the lens to get held up for weeks, and MONTHS before moving on to the next participant. ...

And to think I felt bad because I got the lens in a Saturday and didn't send it on until the Monday next. So I had it a sum total of (*gasp*) 8 days!

TPF Across America: The Story of One Lens' Efforts to Make Its Way Across Our Land, And the Obstacles It Faced, replete with Tales of Lensnapping, Lens Abuse and Neglect and Torture." :lol:

It seemed like such a SIMPLE concept. You get the lens. You spend the next seven days taking pictures with the lens. You pack the lens up and mail it to the next person on the list.

Really, REALLY Simple. WHAT could go wrong?? :lmao:

I seriously just can't quite wrap my head around what occurs to cause the lens to get held up for weeks, and MONTHS before moving on to the next participant. ...

And to think I felt bad because I got the lens in a Saturday and didn't send it on until the Monday next. So I had it a sum total of (*gasp*) 8 days!

...the beginning of a slippery slope..................j/k

If thebasedsloth still has it the lens is a 45 minutes away from me. I could drive down and get it no problem. And I promise it'll move out 7 days after it's in my hands.

The lens has not made it's way to me yet. The last person to have the lens was thebasedsloth. It would be nice if this could start moving along again though.

I'm working on it guys, hold tight. I'll be back with a conclusion. :thumbsup:

Mark

hey mark,

Although im not involved in the TPF across America thing...
on the off chance that you cannot find or recover the lens you were using for this deal,
I have a older AF 28-70 f/3.5 zoom lens sitting on an old N70 I will take off and donate in order to get this back on track.
lens is in good shape, glass is good, AF is good. Its even a macro zoom if anyone cares about that.
I will cover shipping and the next $5 to whoever is next on the list.
just let me know who it is, and what the address is. (if its even needed)

-jason

Thanks alot for the offer, but the whole premise behind the project was to photograph the country through one lens. Adding any other lens would be a different lens, and void the premise. So, tha k you, but no thanks. Ill just work toward getting the original back.

Thanks,
Mark

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

no problem. totally understand.
good luck with the repo.
hopefully it will get back on track soon.

I have to say pixmedic you are awesome. It's not often you see the type of generosity I've seen from you on any kind of forum. You've donated lenses to people before and I think you should be applauded for what you've done. You are truly a great example of how kind some people can be.

Also if you wanted to do something different (because we have been having some issues). You could send the lens to me in Canada, because we had some trouble getting a lens sent here due to duties that UPS wanted to charge, and I will start something similar for Canada. I would create a list of Canadians that want to take part and organize it. I will pay the shipping cost to get it here to get it started if you wanted to help with our challenge.

First, I completely agree with what you say about pixmedic's generosity. But, please keep all other communications concerning a spinoff project in another location. Just to keep things as concentrated as possible.

Thanks so much!
Mark

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Im still alive, guys! After the decade it seems like i've had the lens i'm happy to say I am finally able to send it on. I had left the lens at a relatives house in another state which is why it's been so long, I do apologize for any inconvenience! All I need is the next persons address and i'll send it out asap!

Well since this has been revived, I'll put my name in!!

Sent from my iPhone

Im still alive, guys! After the decade it seems like i've had the lens i'm happy to say I am finally able to send it on. I had left the lens at a relatives house in another state which is why it's been so long, I do apologize for any inconvenience! All I need is the next persons address and i'll send it out asap!

Damn! I just got done sharpening all the tines on my pitchfork.

I disapeared for a While, as i was moving but its nice to see this is still afloat...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back