TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

OK, I just got a PM from Chris.

I have his address & phone number.

thebasedsloth, contact me via PM.

...thanks,sparky.Last I read on Mark,he was concentrating on his new job,I think.Sometimes,life gets in the way,and that is no ones fault.Good to see this coming back from the brink of failure! :hail::hail:

Im still wanting in. my names on the list, but ill be damned it's been on the list since i joined...and this lens has moved hands MAYBE 3 times since then...

I'm not even on the list and I'm sad to see this project fail. Like I said before, if there's an issue with moving the lens, I'm more than happy to pick it up and get it moving.

Last I read on Mark,he was concentrating on his new job,I think.Sometimes,life gets in the way,and that is no ones fault.

There is no way on this planet somebody can be so strapped with life that they can't take 2 minutes to post an update on a photo forum. If somebody is claiming they are, then they are extremely poor with multitasking and time management. The originator of this project hasn't posted in 2 1/2 months but has been logged on since. The spirit of the project is only as good as the organizer. Sorry, MarkW, you're a nice person but your inactivity has caused this great idea to fail.

I can't disagree with you,Tee.Beyond that,the ball was dropped.We know where the ball is,so lets just pick up the ball,and advance it.If this ever shows actual life,I might be interested enough to apply to the list.

It would be nice to see this moving again. I've been waiting almost 2 years to get a chance. (referring to the first missing lens as well)

I just got a new body, so now im even more excited. I want to play!!!!

And now for our monthly moment of silence for a thread with no life left.

I've sent thebasedsloth two PMs, no repsonse............

I know mark declined my offer of a replacement lens since it would "defeat the purpose of the ONE lens across America" thing....and I understand what hes saying and all....but....I still have that 28-70 f/3.5 sitting on an N70. in a box. in my closet.

just sayin....

I know mark declined my offer of a replacement lens since it would "defeat the purpose of the ONE lens across America" thing....and I understand what hes saying and all....but....I still have that 28-70 f/3.5 sitting on an N70. in a box. in my closet.

just sayin....

I'll take it! ;D

Most reactions

Back