TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

Thesloth could write a random address on a package and drop it in the mailbox and get the project going again more quickly than waiting for markw to return his PMS.

I know mark declined my offer of a replacement lens since it would "defeat the purpose of the ONE lens across America" thing....and I understand what hes saying and all....but....I still have that 28-70 f/3.5 sitting on an N70. in a box. in my closet.

just sayin....

i say run with it ,jason....call it another lens's trip across america.It isn't like the rest of us are too impatient.there's no communication,Sparky reached out twice.Time to move onward with this.

I know mark declined my offer of a replacement lens since it would "defeat the purpose of the ONE lens across America" thing....and I understand what hes saying and all....but....I still have that 28-70 f/3.5 sitting on an N70. in a box. in my closet.

just sayin....

i say run with it ,jason....call it another lens's trip across america.It isn't like the rest of us are too impatient.there's no communication,Sparky reached out twice.Time to move onward with this.

well, with all due respect to Mark, this is really HIS project, and I would not feel comfortable muscling in on his deal.
i would be more than happy to help out if Mark gives the OK, but I don't know what his intentions are for this thing now.
maybe he has another lens he wants to use, or maybe he has plans to scrap this all together and start over.
I would rather wait and hear from mark before making radical changes to his project.

I'll deal with the 800 lb gorilla and move we drop the ban hammer on thebasedsloth. No excuses for what's going on. A homeless crackhead can find the $5 needed to send the lens on. He agreed to the rules and hasn't lived up to that commitment.

Someone reverse IP him and go knock on his door....lol

Ok fine, do a reverse IP, send it to the 5-0 and claim the lens stolen. mhm. problem solved.

Well, given that thebasedsloth has logged in since I sent the two messages, I can only assume he's read them.

We will see.

MarkW has been on several times since renewed interest in this thread. Not a peep.

Martin, based on the details of the fact that several people have reached out to the person who was last known to posses the lens, and have heard nothing back, even though there has been activity by said person on this site...I would say fact.

Just sent a (3rd!) PM to the current owner of the lens.......

Most reactions

Back