TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

mark was here at 9:41 am,according to his recent activity..............wtf????????????

Apparently thebasedsloth hasn't sent the lens on.

I haven't been on or posted since February surely it's my turn by now right? ;)

Apparently the current participant refuses to relinquish it.

POS!!!!........thats all that comes to mind :madmad::madmad::madmad::gun:

I have a 50 1.8 I will donate to keep this going... let me know if anyone would like that.

I'd say a totally new lens should be Marks' call. And he's not making an appearance here.
And sad to say, this thread is the second go-around. Who's to say a third won't end up the same?

I'd say a totally new lens should be Marks' call. And he's not making an appearance here.
And sad to say, this thread is the second go-around. Who's to say a third won't end up the same?
I was respecting the first post with rules and a request for no spin off threads.

I'm offering my property for the good/interest of the forum. (I'd love to see some images made with a lens I've been lending to friends/family.)

I understand it might not coincide with the intent of the original project, but by the sounds of it... it is not being managed or even a concern to OP.

I have not looked at the recent activity of the individuals on the list... but assuming the rest are rather active, I have no problem continuing on and helping.

So, I propose this:
If Mark doesn't respond here, and everyone else agrees, I will send my lens to the next participant... Worst case, thebasedsloth sends the original lens on to the next person and whomever has my lens can just keep it or send it back to me. Whichever, doesn't bother me.

This thread is fun, and I'd like to see it continue.

Thanks,

....seems to me there are more people interested in this sort of project continuing than the 2 that are holding it up.Mark doesn't want to respond at all,and seemingly TheSloth doesn't either.......I say start a new project,but maybe lay out some requirements.......what they are,I don't know,but this is dead in the water.

I was respecting the first post with rules and a request for no spin off threads.

I say screw that and start your own "round the world". It's pretty apparent Mark doesn't care about this. He has started many "dreamer" type threads (anyone remember his big Icelandic adventure he wanted funded by members?) and they all fizzle from his inability to manage whatever it is he starts.

....seems to me there are more people interested in this sort of project continuing than the 2 that are holding it up.Mark doesn't want to respond at all,and seemingly TheSloth doesn't either.......I say start a new project,but maybe lay out some requirements.......what they are,I don't know,but this is dead in the water.

My suggestion: Require a substantial deposit before you get the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back