tpf DC meetup pics...

i assume it's because monkeys were used initially to see if space travel was safe for humans. Enos was the first i believe.

i can change your user name to Enos if you'd like :lmao:

oh don't mind me today. im just laughing to keep from crying with all the blisters on my feet :D i should post one, eh?

these are just killer...all ya'll took great shots... just love the water ones..

jonmikal, dig the long black coat..!! soooo.. undercover...!!!

sure makes me jealous....would love to meet all ya'll...... good times!

JonMikal,

Yes, I'm anal enough that I checked with our History Office, but alas, they had never heard the expression. I think that we are right that it goes back to the monkeys we sent up before people (and a colleague in my office says that it probably also was derogatory within the military (as NASA was originally a military thang).

I'm not sure I want to be referred to as Monkey Boy (sounds too side/freak show to me), but I DID change my avatar for you....you like?

jocose said:
JonMikal,

Yes, I'm anal enough that I checked with our History Office, but alas, they had never heard the expression. I think that we are right that it goes back to the monkeys we sent up before people (and a colleague in my office says that it probably also was derogatory within the military (as NASA was originally a military thang).

I'm not sure I want to be referred to as Monkey Boy (sounds too side/freak show to me), but I DID change my avatar for you....you like?

dang, some departments ARE good at keeping secrets unless the history guys are your age :lmao:

love the avatar....looks like Enos!

jocose said:
(and a colleague in my office says that it probably also was derogatory within the military (as NASA was originally a military thang).

i would think so.

clarinetJWD said:
You win.

Oh, and the mailboxes turned out great!

Do you really think so? I can't decide if I like it or not. I did a lot of cropping and rotated it a bit.

But I won't argue with a complement :)

JonMikal said:
dang, some departments ARE good at keeping secrets unless the history guys are your age :lmao:

love the avatar....looks like Enos!

i would think so.

The only secret NASA's been able to keep is where have the aliens.

Oh ****. I didn't say that. You never read this. I don't know what your talking about. Alien Who? Never heard of him.

jocose said:
The only secret NASA's been able to keep is where have the aliens.

Oh ****. I didn't say that. You never read this. I don't know what your talking about. Alien Who? Never heard of him.

we should discuss this next meet-up :mrgreen: there are a few closer than you think.

area 51 = :biglaugh:

oops, i didn't that that................:lmao:

JonMikal said:
we should discuss this next meet-up :mrgreen: there are a few closer than you think.

area 51 = :biglaugh:

oops, i didn't that that................:lmao:

well it's obvious thay you don't work at NASA. Everyone knows that Area 51 is a cover. There are no aliens there. They are down at KSC. Damn, I did it again. Talking too much.

OK, everyone, move slowly away from the computer. Don't mind that runaway curser, it's for your own good.

jocose said:
well it's obvious thay you don't work at NASA. Everyone knows that Area 51 is a cover. There are no aliens there. They are down at KSC. Damn, I did it again. Talking too much.

OK, everyone, move slowly away from the computer. Don't mind that runaway curser, it's for your own good.

:lmao: you are so very correct.

i'd run and hide if i were you...if you see a few black coats, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Great series guys. Glad to see you got together and had a blast. I really enjoyed your pics.

One more:
Railforum.jpg

By the by DC people. I am very sorry that I screwed up and didn’t make it. My flower had an awards ceremony to goto, and frankly... Well you know...
We all have to make choices...
(She is better looking than you guys.)

Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing your shots, it's always cool to see the different ideas each person has even though you were all at the same locations together :)

Most reactions

Back