TPF strap and shop?

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few questions - first one is just me getting lost ;)

1) I know that there was a TPF shop - or a place that sold TPF merchandise - where be it?

2) I am almost certain that TPF has a camera strap - so my question is am I right and they do or am I imagining things?

3) A have used the canon camera strap - until I got my canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS and then looked down about 2 hours after I got it to see that the strap had completly undone itself and the camera was hanging by a single insupported thread each side - since then I have not trusted the strap at all!
So my question is - is the TPF camera starp strong enough for my lens?

Thanks

A few questions - first one is just me getting lost ;)

1) I know that there was a TPF shop - or a place that sold TPF merchandise - where be it?

2) I am almost certain that TPF has a camera strap - so my question is am I right and they do or am I imagining things?

3) A have used the canon camera strap - until I got my canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS and then looked down about 2 hours after I got it to see that the strap had completly undone itself and the camera was hanging by a single insupported thread each side - since then I have not trusted the strap at all!
So my question is - is the TPF camera starp strong enough for my lens?

Thanks

Same happened to me and scared the **** outta me. I went right out and bought a Op/Tech neoprene strap which I love (also much more comfortable than the Canon strap).

http://www.optechusa.com/category/second/?CATEGORY_ID=4

I was just gonna post the link to the straps, but as Arch beat me to it, I'll just throw in my two cents worth that the straps are very comfortable, and strong.

The TPF straps are very nice, comfortable, and they make you look cool too. I'll probably want a second soon.

Does anyone know if there are any extensions to make them a bit longer?

Our straps are smexy.... and uber strong... a bit like Angelina Jolie

Link Here

Damn -- that's the strap I bought and paid more for it too! As I said, I like it alot -- but I missed the Sexy Angelina Jolie TPF influence :(

Is it true that she wears each one for an hour before they sell them?

OOH, I just checked B&H, and The TPF Strap is cheaper than the regular ones at B&H!

TFP- $21.95
B&H- $22.75

Another satisfied customer. Forget "L" glass or the latest 87MP body out there, they won't help you make a better shot. It truly is all in the strap.

The padding around the back of your neck is ohhh so comfy. But I like the way you can "shorten" it when you have the camera mounted on a tripod. Priceless.

I've never been much of a "show your brand" on anything I've ever owned. In fact, when I got my D300, I swapped out for the D80's strap because it didn't have the ostentatious nomenclature on it. A big Yellow NIKON was bad enough, but then to add the free advertising of the D300 was too much for me.

Long story short.... damn good buy. Oh, yeah..... I'll be getting a second as well.

Thanks for all the responces all :)
Definatly looks good - the clips really attract me to it - I always found going from walk about mode to wildlife on the ground or macro work with the canon strap left it getting in the way half the time.

As for a heavy lens on the camera - well I trust the metal mounts to hold some weight - plus chances are most of the time my neck will just be taking part of the weight with my hand resting holding the lens - the chance for some hand relaxation whilst remaining on the move is a great bonus.

About the only time my neck carries the entire weight of the gear is while unzipping. :lmao:

Mine goes lens first (camera attached) downward into my lowepro 400AW shoulderbag. I can carry two 1 series bodies easily and swap between the two pretty quickly.

I don't know what's a worse. The thought of a sudden strap failure, bent mount (it is designed to a high enough tolerance) or a messed up neck later down the road. My straps do get worn even when I'm not hanging heavy lenses on them.

To each there own....

I agree... I hate the stock Canon strap.

I was going to ask that myself.
Is paypal the only payment method? I wont use them myself and, I have my reasons.

The camera stores in Phoenix carry them, but they don't have the sexy TPF logo and Angelina hasn't wear-tested them :p

My favorite part of these straps is that you can unclip both sides to take out the padded part, then clip the small ends together, creating a hand/wrist strap. That's how I use mine most of the time.

I've got two TFP straps and when I'm carrying both cameras I will put both padded parts into one strap, making it long enough to be a shoulder strap across my 'not so small' body.

Lastly, you can use the padded part to clip to itself, creating a loop. You can use this to hang your bag off of the ground or even as a simple security strap.

Most reactions

Back