jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0955bw.JPG

DSC_0958bw.JPG

DSC_0967bw.JPG

Really enjoying these old tractor photos you are posting!
Thank you. That is encouraging as I was just thinking people are probably getting tired of them. Me and my wandering mind...

The history of these threshing machines are very interesting and very important to our growth in America.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Another great set. I love the texture you captured in the smokestack in the first photo. Over all, you've managed [for me anyway] to capture even the weight of these tractors in yor photos. In many I can almost feel that ground vibration created as these massive things move along.

Really enjoying these old tractor photos you are posting!
Thank you. That is encouraging as I was just thinking people are probably getting tired of them. Me and my wandering mind...

The history of these threshing machines are very interesting and very important to our growth in America.

My dad and granddads all worked and farmed with these things. Still have old time thrashing demonstrations back in Nebraska. I suppose other places as well.

Does anybody know if these things are subject to regular boiler inspections and rebuilds?

Just wondering. We see these at old thresher's reunions, fairs, and such, just wondering if anybody considers boiler safety?

Does anybody know if these things are subject to regular boiler inspections and rebuilds?

Just wondering. We see these at old thresher's reunions, fairs, and such, just wondering if anybody considers boiler safety?

You worry too much! lol

In MI, OH, and IN, these are subject to strict regulations and inspections by the state. Every 2 to 3 years as I understand or been told, inspections must be passed. Inspections are not cheap either.

You worry too much! lol

I can think of worse ways to die.

You worry too much! lol
As a ticketed boiler operator I will state categorically: You CANNOT worry too much about safety when you're dealing with steam under pressure.

(quote) "Authorities said it was not clear what caused the explosion, though steam buildup was possibly to blame."

Ya think?

When I was a lad I heard a story about a man who objected to the hiss of steam escaping from the safety valve, so he clamped it down. That's all I remember of the story.

You worry too much! lol
As a ticketed boiler operator I will state categorically: You CANNOT worry too much about safety when you're dealing with steam under pressure.

Hey Tired, do you know the definition of anal retentive? :applause: :bouncingsmileys:

Yep... and if that means that one of my girls doesn't get spread out all over the fairgrounds as 10 tons of scrap metal? I'm more than happy to be anal retentive! :D

It's funny how people are so petrified of electricity and yet treat pressure systems so casually.

Most reactions

Back