What's new

Trade: my grip for your lens?

Once again, I'm not interested in a D lens. For that I owe nobody explanations or reasoning. The add is for anyone who may have an interest in my grip. Not for childish comments from members who have nothing better to do.
 
markj said:
Not for childish comments from members who have nothing better to do.

#irony

Dig your hole deeper, dude.

And no, thetrue... There's no negative effects from using a D lens. You can set the aperture ring to f/22 and the camera handles the aperture for you. Meaning instead of having to change it on your lens, the camera adjusts the aperture to what you have it set to on the body at time of exposure.
 
OP- you might have a hard time. You can get the mb-d11 for 150 bucks at KEH with a 6 month warranty. I can only speak for myself but I would not trade a 50 1.8g prime for one. I understand yours is barely used but nonetheless, you may face a challenge. Good luck though!
 
Last edited:
For thetrue - No, the aperture ring has no ill effect on the modern DSLR bodies - you simply set the ring to the smallest aperture. The newer D lenses have a lock to keep the aperture set, but it work fine without locking. I have the 50/1.8D and the 24 f/2.8D, mainly for the film body, but since I no longer have the kit lens, I use them on the D40; I just have to focus the old way.

OP: Good luck in your quest.
 
Sparky, It's my add, if you have a G lens believe me nobody CARES! Don't flatter your self! Go bother someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be that time of month.

I heard Midol was on backorder in Maryland. guess the rumors were true.
 
Dunno if I would ever trade a quality, $350 (f/1.4) lens for a battery grip that I could buy off eBay (a knock-off, granted, but working fine) for 1/7th that.

Although I thought it was very clever how the OP made it seem like he was reluctant to take the higher quality "1.4" and also assumes we don't know what the number means.
 
Macho, your probably right, I might have to add some dollars. But who knows, I'm hopeful regardless of the haters. Pixmedic your starting to sound like spanky's lapdog. You only respond after spanky gives you the OK??????
 
I have a 50/0.9 H-series prototype.

I guess you wouldn't be interested in that.
 
Add is a term in mathematics. Ad is something you post for the purpose of buying, selling, or trading. FYI.
 
markj said:
Sparky, It's my add, if you have a G lens believe me nobody CARES! Don't flatter your self! Go bother someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shoot! What the h*ll is wrong with you kids now days? Get some respect. I wouldn't trade a damn penny with that attitude.
 
Macho, your probably right, I might have to add some dollars. But who knows, I'm hopeful regardless of the haters. Pixmedic your starting to sound like spanky's lapdog. You only respond after spanky gives you the OK??????

its called being a good wingman. when you hit puberty, you will understand.
 
I have a 50 1.8G. It's a great lens but I really don't use it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom