Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p260279168-4.jpg

That's cool - I like it!

It would be cooler if it were the front of the train...

I love the level of detail you got in the sky and the snow. And the train, too, for that matter. This is one of those images that needs to be viewed large and with a dark background behind it. Is it on your website by chance?

Heh, I have yet another suggestion for a minor crop, but am a bit hesitant to mention it since I feel like I've been nit-picking your images lately, even though I always do like your originals as they are in the first place. But, the hydro tower on the far right side seems to distract from the line set by the train - did you try cropping that out, and perhaps some of the bottom (to keep the aspect ratio)?

Love this shot!! The feeling of depth and isolation is just incredible!! I can honestly say....I never want to visit this spot.....lol Too freakin cold!!!

Invis mind if I post an edit?

Perfect! I wouldn't change a thing.

I'm with Mishele on the location, though. I once saw a wonderful photo of bison in Yellowstone taken when it was -20 F and knew that I would never take a photo like that.

Simply outstanding !! Funny how it violates the rule of 3rds, yet works so well with the train dead center.

I love the level of detail you got in the sky and the snow. And the train, too, for that matter. This is one of those images that needs to be viewed large and with a dark background behind it. Is it on your website by chance?
I agree. It's on my website here (click on the image to view bigger): federico buchbinder / shadows and light | Black & White | Train to Nowhere (B&W) (2011)

Heh, I have yet another suggestion for a minor crop, but am a bit hesitant to mention it since I feel like I've been nit-picking your images lately, even though I always do like your originals as they are in the first place. But, the hydro tower on the far right side seems to distract from the line set by the train - did you try cropping that out, and perhaps some of the bottom (to keep the aspect ratio)?
Something like this? (Not a crop though, just a different photo.)

p139923554-4.jpg

Invis mind if I post an edit?
Sure, go ahead... but please don't butcher it :)

I'm with Mishele on the location, though. I once saw a wonderful photo of bison in Yellowstone taken when it was -20 F and knew that I would never take a photo like that.
Here in Manitoba, we take what we can get :lol:

Funny how it violates the rule of 3rds, yet works so well with the train dead center.
The rule of thirds is just a guideline. I violate it on a regular basis, and you should too :)

Thanks all for your feedback!

Thanks for the link! I was looking at your site before, but didn't spot it.

I like your other shot too, a lot, but what I meant was a bit different. I hope you don't mind, but just this one time I took the liberty of doing a crop since you gave permission to Rotanimod. Of course I won't do a crop again, but this one time I wanted to show you what I see (it's much easier for me to say it with the photo than by text):

p260279168-4.jpg

Most reactions

Back