What's new

Transcendental Meditation

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
1,802
Reaction score
748
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
imm027_8A-005.jpg


Chain-store film, DIN 24
 
Hi, Fred

Not to pick at it, but why did you call this TM?

I wish the depth of field was deeper, so as to get the entire rim of the bowl in focus.
 
to get the entire rim of the bowl in focus.
Do you mean "sharp" ? You cannot focus on more, then one distance only. DoF is not a focus but "perceived sharpness".
Never less picture is nice, like in meditation, not everything has to be sharp.
 
Transcendental meditation levitates....
Such meditation needs emptying your mind from all personal filth so that it can be filled with Wisdom Supreme...
Intellection analyses where as meditation synthesizes....(pestle stands for intellection where as this has to stop before realization comes)
I felt all these looking at this image and enjoyed it :D
 
I felt all these looking at this image and enjoyed it :D
While I absolutely agree with everything stated prior to the quoted, I only felt tension from the image.

I don't think transcendence eliminates tension, but rather allow us to accept it. There is a sense of balance with this image, despite it's inherent tension.
 
It's just that it's beside the point; a technical difference without consequence. We all know what Designer meant.
 
I don't think transcendence eliminates tension, but rather allow us to accept it. There is a sense of balance with this image, despite it's inherent tension.
I can't / will not control or censor what I feel from an image from an intial looksy. Upon further viewing, my position hasn't changed. Methinks it is the vertical orientation.
 
It's just that it's beside the point; a technical difference without consequence. We all know what Designer meant.
Yeah, I know, very loose use of words. Whatever. As long as you don't print anything bigger.
 
I don't think transcendence eliminates tension, but rather allow us to accept it. There is a sense of balance with this image, despite it's inherent tension.
I can't / will not control or censor what I feel from an image from an intial looksy.

Isn't this ironic. Manipulating others into not voicing their differing opinion at risk of being accused of attempting to censor.
 
I don't think transcendence eliminates tension, but rather allow us to accept it. There is a sense of balance with this image, despite it's inherent tension.
I can't / will not control or censor what I feel from an image from an intial looksy.

Isn't this ironic. Manipulating others into not voicing their differing opinion at risk of being accused of attempting to censor.

Where is the manipulation? I am only voicing an opinion that differs from yours. The censorship, or lack thereof, is completely self-imposed.
 
This is an unexceptional image (that, imo, is hurt by the insufficient DOF and odd framing) and the OP is attempting to give it more weight by reorienting it and by giving it a provocative title, imply some deeper sub-text.

Doesn't work for me, the image remains as it is and the title doesn't help or add.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom