Transmission (NSFW)

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tentative title ... not really happy with it at this time...

2013040205 by J E, on Flickr

I wasn't even going to post it till I thought up a better title, but I figured what the hell, I never post pictures anymore...

Pow!

NSFW

NSFS

Very filmy texture.

NSFW

NSFS

Very filmy texture.

I'll bet dollars to kumquats that it was shot on film. But I only know that because Josh and I go way back and were satanists in high school.

Nice shot dude, I dig the shadows. What speed did you sync the flash at?

You've got to be kidding with the NSFW... :lol:

Shutter speed wasn't anywhere near max x-sync speed, but the exposure was all flash, which was at 1/4 power. So, whatever the flash duration for a 580 EX II is at that power would effectively be the shutter speed.

On the contrary, I'm not kidding one bit. Ordnance is a real touchy subject nowadays. Opening that image in school is grounds for expulsion, at work, termination. I'm not on the fence here. I'm pro-gun, period. That said, I wouldn't want anybody to suffer the wrath of this current, political foul weather condition. You should have put up a warning in your title.

^thats a sad realization we live in nowadays... A "picture" could get you fired or expelled? wow! Some people had to go and ruin it for everybody :(

I like the grain.

That is sad. I have a hard time believing that 'viewing a photo', especially this photo, could get you fired/expelled though.

Thanks for the comments though, everyone.
Yes, it was shot on film - Kentmere 400 developed in Rodinal.

Anyway, here it is, rescanned and cleaned up:

8617300549_6531215456_c.jpg

On the contrary, I'm not kidding one bit. Ordnance is a real touchy subject nowadays. Opening that image in school is grounds for expulsion, at work, termination. I'm not on the fence here. I'm pro-gun, period. That said, I wouldn't want anybody to suffer the wrath of this current, political foul weather condition. You should have put up a warning in your title.

Really? Is that what the U.S. has come to? What if it was in a periodical magazine, online or not, would it get you fired or expelled? What a sad state we're in if that is truly the case.

Guys: the member is emphatic that viewing this kind of image could get him into trouble, as stated. We don't have to like it or assess it or turn it into something it isn't. All he's asking for here is either a NSFW, or some kind of notice in the title (which sounds more automotive in nature) that people who work in sensitive environments may want to pass on.

If we could just respect that, and handle it for him, we'd be much obliged. :) Thanks!

If we could just respect that, and handle it for him, we'd be much obliged. :) Thanks!

You realize that I actually can't change the title, right? ;)
(I can edit the title of the first post - but you would only see that after clicking on the thread, and by then it would be too late - damage done.)

If the mod team feels that it should have "NSFW" in the title, I suppose I don't have a problem with it - but there's nothing I can do about it...

Just my opinion, but if I worked somewhere that would fire me for looking at this - I think I would just play it safe and never use work computers for non-work related stuff...

Last edited:
I liked it better dirty. It feels like a gritty image to me. I think of "life during the wartime" when I see it.

I liked it better dirty. It feels like a gritty image to me. I think of "life during the wartime" when I see it.

I'm undecided on that. I did briefly consider scratching the negative a little though - so I definitely know what you mean. :lol:

Last edited:

You realize that I actually can't change the title, right? ;)
(I can edit the title of the first post - but you would only see that after clicking on the thread, and by then it would be too late - damage done.)

If the mod team feels that it should have "NSFW" in the title, I suppose I don't have a problem with it - but there's nothing I can do about it...

Just my opinion, but if I worked somewhere that would fire me for looking at this - I think I would just play it safe and never use work computers for non-work related stuff...

Just letting you know it was probably going to happen. :flower: I mean, it has happened. Thankee!

Of course, with NSFW in the title, the title takes on a new meaning... any bets as to when the view count shoots past 5,000?

Edit... huh. what did I tell you - the view count shot up by 100 in the past hour.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back