Transmit from Location?

kajiki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
someone asked me if I could?

What is involved? A friend tells me a MacBook 13" is still around ¥100,000 used; I had toyed with the idea of going to Mac only because some many folks insist it is 'industry std', and having some experience leads to more openings.

I can borrow the wife's Window laptop, what else do I need?

An internet connection and a hosting service. There are tons of them available, many will let you broadcast to a limited number of IP addresses for free.
Ustream is one I can think of, you just set up your acct and follow the set up steps.
You can use the built in webcam from the laptop or connect a camcorder via a firewire connection and use it via Windows media encoder or any other capture software you already have on the laptop.

That internet connection can be hardwired, wireless through WiFi, or wireless over the phone. If you can connect a laptop to the internet at the location where you're shooting you can send anything anywhere on the internet.

My current favorite for sending (very) large files (upto 2GB per transfer) is https://www.wetransfer.com/. No reg. It's simple, clean, and provides download confirmation!

Saves a bunch in time and money on buying, burning, and snailmailing CDs/DVDs. And saves the environment too.

So the workflow would go something like

capture images

ingest via Photo Mechanic

output

Approximately? I'm a film dinosaur struggling with the current state of play:lol:

Most reactions

Back