Travel Blog from China. Please let me know what you think.

drakeman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been studying abroad in China for a week and managed to get some shooting in.

Let me know what you think of these samples of my favorites and if interested check out my blog!

More to come too from Shanghai.

C&C welcome..

DSC_2053.jpg

DSC_1997-Version2.jpg

DSC_1981-Version2And2more_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1776_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1759.jpg

DSC_1742-Version2.jpg

DSC_1492.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

DSC_1047-3.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

Check the blog for info on the pics and a little on my trip:

Elliot's Adventure Time

very nice I really like the great wall photos, are they HDR?

I am just back from there last week..

I have a big question :) where on the great wall you found it empty with no people? I have been there and it was full full of people :) have a look

_MG_8927.jpg

You are welcome to veiw my series in the name of People of China :)

Last edited:
Thanks! I went to the Badaling section. Took the right difficult route and went on a long hike/jog until I couldn't get any further. Took awhile but it was well worth it. Trust me the place was packed like that for the first part too.

Great :)

I had that long hike but with people lol..

the same thought, all my wall shots looking like the marching of the pengins.

Where was no 9 taken?

And sun at the summer palace. IN fact sun in several places. Lucky you.

9 was taken at the Xiuyi Bridge near the south gate to the Sumer Palace. The high schoolers were studying for the very important college entrance exam that weekend which may explain the crowds.

Oh and 3. and 4. are HDR.

gosh, sorry I missed that bridge, but the crowds were huge there and the vendors madding, so it was harder to take a serious look around.

Yeah the crowds were something I didn't expect. I knew there would be a good amount of people.. but not THAT many.

No 9 gives a foggy feeling. Did you purposely make it that way?

what university are you studying at? I will be in shanghai for the fall semester. Great pics, btw , I am really looking forward to getting some quality photography out of china!

@Richards Yes since it was so hazy there I decided to desaturate and vignette a little in order to emphasize the "fogginess."

@Krisinstl Thanks! I am at the Tongji University School of Management in NE Shanghai. You are in for a treat.. I love this city. If you haven't been here before feel free to pm me with any questions, i have a lot of recommendations of what to do and see. I am having so much fun here I haven't even updated my blog for 4 weeks because wasting time on the net would limit my experience!

I leave August 6th though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back