Travel to Cuba

Stretch Armstrong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any U.S. citizens out there that have traveled to Cuba recently?

I have a good friend that really wants to go.:sexywink: He is considering flying through another country like Mexico or Canada then into Cuba. He is planning on doing this without US license/visa. He understands that very few visas are currently being approved by the current U.S. regime.

If anyone knows someone:sexywink: that has any experience with this, please help me out. Feel free to PM me if you would prefer anonymity.

Thanks so much.

Is a country allowed to bar outgoing visas? My travels always led me to believe the destination country has all the power. Mind you my travels have been mainly from Europe to Australia one I am a passport holder the other a permanent resident so I have never come across this problem.

mmm Cuba would be nice :)

Yes, Garbz, the U.S. has some, well, laws that restrict travel to Cuba because it is such a threat. You know, weapons of mass destruction, etc.

Anyway, going there is no problem. It is in the returning to the States that is the rub. One stat I read said that in 2005 over 200,000 U.S. citizens traveled to Cuba and the U.S. only approved 6,000 visas for Cuba during that same period.

The idea is to cloak travel to Cuba by going through another country.

Several years ago we flew into Cancun, private plane, then took a commercial to Cuba. I personally did not go, but the others didn't have any problems.

Yes, PNA, I have read a few listing for that approach which is probably what I . . . my friend will do. Of course, this requires the usual lies to immigration and customs regarding countries visited while out of the U.S.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back