Tree at Sunset (Help Me)

XJBaylor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this pic in Hawaii, just snapshooting and trying to learn a lens I will be using for work. I really like the picture, but it is missing...something. I really have no ability to do post work, and wanted to see what you guys could do. Anyone interested in editing my picture? Please feel free to critique as well. I really haven't made any attempt at photography in the last 5 years, so I could use the help.

treethumb.jpg

Larger version...http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/keithdbrown/Picture102.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!

Keith

I really like that picture also. It just seems too dark and dull.

Messing around in photoshop, I adjusted the saturation, color cast, contrast, shadows, etc. to see if I could make this photo look any better. I think it's an improvement.

TreeEdited.png

I may have overdone it a bit, but you get the point.

I tried another attempt, but it's no better than RKW3's edit. I cloned those extra leaves out of the top right corner, adjusted the contrast a tiny bit, and burned the clouds and the sea to make them a little bit darker.

editrx1.jpg

I like arizphotography's take on it. Warmed it up but retained a softness that makes the whole shot feel very relaxing like a nice sunset should be. Love the whole context of the picture xjbalor. Are those toes I see in the lower right lol

I like arizphotography's take on it. Warmed it up but retained a softness that makes the whole shot feel very relaxing like a nice sunset should be. Love the whole context of the picture xjbalor. Are those toes I see in the lower right lol

Haha, those are toes, good catch!

I thought I like the softness of the photo, but if Lars had cloned out the leaves in the upper right as cherry did (and the toes too) that would be the shot I was looking to get. Lars, you did an incredible job...in fact they all look great.

Thank you so much for your help guys, and thanks for the compliments.

Keith

Most reactions

New Topics

Back