Tree Frog

1WFlora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1632260274523.png

This is a photo of a tree frog I snapped real quick about an hour ago, thoughts on anything I could do to improve it next time?
thanks.

Cute wee frog. Pity the focus is out tho.

I can't detect any exif info so difficult to pinpoint the issue.

Thanks all!
The focus did not turn out exactly how I wanted, so that's something I'll have to work on a bit more, I'll be trying to get a few more shots of him later. :icon_thumbsup:

Yeah, keep at it. Will enjoy seeing more of the wee fella.

I agree with the others, it's a cool shot just a little soft.

Were you using autofocus? The camera may had picked a spot to focus on that was not on the frog, the leaves to the right look sharper.

If the frog stays in place for the most part, consider manually focusing and look at the eyes. having the eyes sharp will help a lot.

I think it's a nice capture but what RVT1K and Jeff said and one other thing, and it's just a rule of thumb to make pics appear more likable, but when you crop, don't put the subject in the center if it's not looking dead straight at you. Instead, leave a little room in front of it than behind. Don't know it you've heard about photography's 3rds rule but here it is in case you haven't. Guide to the Rule of Thirds in Photography | Adobe

I agree with the others, it's a cool shot just a little soft.

Were you using autofocus? The camera may had picked a spot to focus on that was not on the frog, the leaves to the right look sharper.

If the frog stays in place for the most part, consider manually focusing and look at the eyes. having the eyes sharp will help a lot.
Yes, the focus was automated.
Thank you for the tips, I'll be trying that out next time I see him there.
He lives in that plant so I should be able to get a few more. :thumbyo:
I think it's a nice capture but what RVT1K and Jeff said and one other thing, and it's just a rule of thumb to make pics appear more likable, but when you crop, don't put the subject in the center if it's not looking dead straight at you. Instead, leave a little room in front of it than behind. Don't know it you've heard about photography's 3rds rule but here it is in case you haven't. Guide to the Rule of Thirds in Photography | Adobe
I have not!
Thank you for the link, I will definitely check it out!

Thanks all for the help and the tips, I appreciate it very much. :)

Most reactions

Back