Tree Fungus C&C please! :)

I think its very cool.

I think its very cool.

Thanks! if you have any ideas how I can improve let me know!

Also if you want me to give some feedback on any work of yours I'll be happy to! :)

The image is not that bad, but my only comment is that the background contains some very distracting elements as you have noted. I might have tried to have the whole tree as the background to get away from those distractions. I guess that means shifting around to the left a bit. Hard to tell if that would work from this shot, as the fungus looks to be wider than the tree trunk. HTH.

WesternGuy

The image is not that bad, but my only comment is that the background contains some very distracting elements as you have noted. I might have tried to have the whole tree as the background to get away from those distractions. I guess that means shifting around to the left a bit. Hard to tell if that would work from this shot, as the fungus looks to be wider than the tree trunk. HTH.

WesternGuy

Yeah the fungus was pretty big so wouldn't have looked to good. Would you suggest any editing I could do to improve it? Eg lens blur on the background etc as I'm not sure!

Thanks for your feedback.

I think it would look nicer converted to b&w, that would also stop the eye from being drawn to the fringing in the background.

Here are my edits, let me know what you think! :)

Crop tight to reduce the background.

rr028k.jpg

I think it would look nicer converted to b&w, that would also stop the eye from being drawn to the fringing in the background.

34yci8y.jpg

P.S My attempt at converting it to black and white was probably crap so don't hate on me :D

Last edited:
I feel like something is lost in the conversion to black and white. I like the color of the fungus. I think the new crop makes a BIG difference, though. So much better than the original!

I feel like something is lost in the conversion to black and white. I like the color of the fungus. I think the new crop makes a BIG difference, though. So much better than the original!

I agree with you the colour makes it a lot better was just messing around as someone else suggested it. Thanks for your comment :)

You took this at f/9. If you took it at a wider aperture the background would be less in focus and less distracting.

Thanks for your comment.

I'll make sure I do next time, was in a bit of a rush taking this photo.

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back