Tree of Life

d70girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a picture I took of my son today. I thought it turned out alright. :D

Thanks for looking!

dsc0047yt6.jpg

Oh, come on. It's not THAT bad, is it? :-|

Comments, criticism, suggestions? Anyone?

Its a nice shot...and it isnt that bad whatsoever! The only thing I am noticing is the how dark the tree is compared to your son. Its slightly distracting.

The tree is distracting for me as well. It's stealing my attention away from the child. I would try a square crop. It works better for me. A horizontal crop brings the attention down also, but you lose the tree as a complete entity.

For me, it's not that the tree is distracting...it's the bright background behind the tree. Our eyes are naturally drawn to the brightest spots...in this case, those bright spots are distracting attention away from your son.

Maybe a closer crop. Maybe darken the highlights a bit.

Overall, it's still a great image...full of innocence.

I agree with Mike about the bright background but I do think its a great shot. I like how the tree is so big compared to your son, seems like one of those pictures you are going to look back on in 15-20 years and say "you were so small back then" it really gives a good sense of size.

Yeah, I think the tree is just really really contrasty and doesn't seem to match the bottom portion of the image. But, I really like the bottom half:)

Big Mike said:
For me, it's not that the tree is distracting...it's the bright background behind the tree. Our eyes are naturally drawn to the brightest spots...in this case, those bright spots are distracting attention away from your son.

Maybe a closer crop. Maybe darken the highlights a bit.

Overall, it's still a great image...full of innocence.

All well said. I can't add a thing.

-Pete

Most reactions

Back