What's new

treeplanting

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
622
Location
British Columbia, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought myself a pelican case so I can be comfortable taking my camera to work. It's a pretty dirty, dusty place.

It was a really hot day (30°C in early May) and people were trying to keep their face out of the sun. I definitely plan to take a lot more pictures out there when I get some free time. We are hoping to take a lot of pictures this year and then make up books for the planters at the end.


Alec by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr


Barbara by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr


Brian by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr
 
These are interesting (as is the JOB you're doing!). I'm curious to see some more and I like your idea of putting together books for planters.
Just went through your "blurb"-book on your trip to the Himalayas ... way cool!
 
Considering your light conditions these are not bad. I like that you can still see the details in your shadows. You seem to be hitting your focus and your composition is good. Would have left a little more on the bottom of the second shot but now I am just being nit picky.
 
These are interesting (as is the JOB you're doing!). I'm curious to see some more and I like your idea of putting together books for planters.
Just went through your "blurb"-book on your trip to the Himalayas ... way cool!

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)

Considering your light conditions these are not bad. I like that you can still see the details in your shadows. You seem to be hitting your focus and your composition is good. Would have left a little more on the bottom of the second shot but now I am just being nit picky.

ya, we have been starting early because the heat is so extreme for this time of year so there is actually some good light out on the block but I am usually quite busy in the morning. I have a little more free time in the afternoon and that is when I took these pics. I took my camera around with me this morning but it was still at least a couple of hours after the sunrise so the light still wasn't that great. The sun comes up just after 5am up here.

and yep, I was using my 100mm and was wishing I had my 50mm instead because my shooting felt a little tight. Today however I had the 50mm and was wishing I had the 100mm! an 85mm would be about perfect, except that I don't have one...
 
Gonna need a Camera bag that will allow you to have both.
 
oh I've got a big pelican that fits them both and a few more lenses, so I could have swapped if I had gone back to the truck but a camera + the attached lens fits nicely in the glove box of my ATV. Due to the dustiness it is probably best that I do my lens switching in the truck anyways ...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom