What's new

Trees in B&W

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yep more trees! ;)
This one is another slower shutter speed shot taken on a misty day.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!




 
I like this, the slower shutter speed and mist makes it seem like a very old shot. Nice one

Keep it up
 
I like this. I prefer it with a bit more contrast, but that's just a matter of taste me thinks. ;)
 
Thanks you two :)

Sleist, I went both ways processing this and I ended up letting this one be true to the scene and be misty, the more contrast was a very viable option though. I also did a colour version of it and that one ended up more contrasty, it's on my Flickr if you want to check it out ;)
 
Go back when you get some film and see how much better it look, trees are one of my favourite things to shoot

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
 
Thanks Gary, glad I'm not the only one!!

Ah I have film because Timor is way cool and gave me some with the darkroom kit!! I am working on a roll and there is already a tree shot on it ;)
 
Oh Gary!! YUM!! I could look at that for a very long time and not get bored!
 
Oh Gary!! YUM!! I could look at that for a very long time and not get bored!


Thankyou, that is HP5 developed in DDX
I hope it's only my monitor, but something tells me you pushed this film a bit this time. For me it's a very harsh picture. Sorry.... :badangel:
 
Yep more trees! ;)
This one is another slower shutter speed shot taken on a misty day.
It's a very subtle subject. If you like it, that's fine, for me is a bit lacking definition. It feels like it is a part of much bigger landscape, like the counterweight or maybe "reference point" to that fog or mist is gone from the frame so I don't know instantly it's a misty day.
 
That's fair T, I've taken many shots in the fog and mist and often find it challenging to get it to read "misty"
Thanks for your thoughts!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom