Trees Slow Shutter Speed+Motion

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since I'm in somewhat of a slump I'm poking through my files and doing some cleanup again etc...
Here are a couple shots I came across that I thought I would share.
Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look :)

These are both slow shutter speed shots with the intention of a painting look.

I like both of these, but I'm looking at the first image as maybe being two images.....maybe crop it down the middle so the yellow tree is its own shot. The other half I'm wondering if it might work better rotated 90 degrees to the left so the dark branch would serve as a base, like a fallen tree for instance, and the top movement might look like a lake reflection of sorts? Not sure really, that's just what I'm seeing. Anyway, like I said, I'm really liking both of these. :)

It gets interesting when you're doing that on a bumpy road. Gives a "texture" to the streaks...

I really like the second one.

Thanks you two :)
Paul, you can say that again! I have so many "close but no cigars" because of bumps in the road! Managing those strong streaks is something I haven't quite mastered yet.

Carol, that first one sat for a long time for that very reason, I wasn't sure what exactly to do with it but I like it... but...
Now your comment about the right being a reflection made me go hmmm... I never tried flipping it...
I'm happierish (lol) with this! Thanks for thinking around this one!

Cool, the flip worked out nicely.

None of these make the grade for me, and I really DO like this genre.

First one is your creation and the second one is nature's creation
I love both...
I always have a deep inclination for abstracts....keep the good great work
Regards :D

Thanks for your thoughts Derrel and Nandakumar :)

The first one is great, I can relate to it. I have a similar experience when I am on my Harley. The second doesn't do anything for me though.

The first thing I thought was, "that first one needs to be flipped."
However, what I had in mind was turning it the OTHER direction, so the yellow is on the bottom, reaching up like flames.

I like what you're trying here, but...I think I'm with Derrel on these. The first one comes closer to something I can appreciate than the second.

The first one is great, I can relate to it. I have a similar experience when I am on my Harley. The second doesn't do anything for me though.
Thanks Steve :) There is a good possibility that I was on the back of the bike taking this shot ;)
The first thing I thought was, "that first one needs to be flipped."
However, what I had in mind was turning it the OTHER direction, so the yellow is on the bottom, reaching up like flames.

I like what you're trying here, but...I think I'm with Derrel on these. The first one comes closer to something I can appreciate than the second.
Thanks Sharon, I didn't think of flipping it the other way, good idea!
looking at your avatar, i go giddy :lol:
:) better? lol

#1 is my favored. #2 has a little of color interplay for me, but is good to.

Most reactions

Back