tripod question

Jestpg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im looking for some sort of tripod that i could attach to things such as a skateboard, hood of a car, etc for some interesting angles. does anyone have any ideas? i saw the gorillapod but i dont know how well that would attach to like flat surfaces.

Not sure how to attach to a skateboard but there are various types of supports for cameras and camcorders with suction cups and clamps.

The gorillapods I saw only accomodate small and light Point & Shoot cams. Not a dSLR.
According to a salesman a 'heavy duty version' – that can hold a dSLR with a smallish lens – is due out before Xmas.
I hope that one will be less of a pre-schooler toy to look at...

But maybe you could get one of those outrigger gizmo's they attach to cars' sides to get a sideview mirror to stick way outside of the car. But instead of a mirror you could fix a camera there. You need remote control, of course.
Just a thought.

yeah i saw a gorilla pod for SLRs i think on b&h or adorama but it still looks like a toy. and im not looking for something specifically for a skateboard, more just something that will allow for angles like that.

Does it have to "attach", or just rest on an uneven surface? I purchased one of these and I love it....

http://www.thepod.ca/home.html

I use it quite a bit with my 20D and it works great on stationary objects. Its probably not what you had in mind, but I thought I'd mention it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back