Tripod Suggestions

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for a christmas gift for myself. budget of about $200cdn for tripod and head.

Was looking at the following:
Manfrotto 190D
203000.jpg

and for a head:

Manfrotto 484 Mini Ball Head
210713.jpg

I just need a tripod that I can use for when I need it. I don;t do a lot of tripod shooting, but plan to use it more as i'm learning thats whats needed to get sharp images. I figured this would be a good compromise in terms of weight, price and quality

The 190 legs are excellent; you won't be disapointed in them, but the mini-ball head is just that. Mini. I would recommend spending just a little more and getting the 488 ball head. After all, this rig is going to be supporting your expensive gear. Whether you use in once a year or once a day, you don't want it to fail!

I agree, those are good legs. I have the 055 legs which are similar and they are quite solid. I have the 322RC2 grip action ball head and it supports my camera and heaviest lens with no problems. It's a great setup for wildlife or other action photography

It is more expensive then you would like but I have a Gitzo 1128, the legs are carbon fiber so it is unbelievably light, and if you need to weigh it down you can just toss your bag on the hook right under. I really like it.

I agree, the legs are great but get a better head. If you get a good one, it may be the only tripod head you will ever need to buy, so don't be too cheap with it ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back