Tripod

avilamillar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, i want to buy a tripod for my SONY H50. and i saw this one:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-725B-Tripod-Integrated-Carrying/dp/B000FFSDCC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232260988&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Manfrotto 725B Digi Tripod with Integrated Ball Head with Dove Tail Plate and Carrying Bag (Black): Electronics[/ame]

Do someone have it? reviews?

thanks

That particular Manfrotto isn't in my collection, but they do make an excellent tripod. I would say that one will do nicely for your camera, but bear in mind that it's NOT up to the task of support a DSLR, so if you do upgrade to a larger camera in the future, you'll have to upgrade your tripod too.

That particular Manfrotto isn't in my collection, but they do make an excellent tripod. I would say that one will do nicely for your camera, but bear in mind that it's NOT up to the task of support a DSLR, so if you do upgrade to a larger camera in the future, you'll have to upgrade your tripod too.

7.7lb max load - why do you think it wouldn't hold most DSLRs? Maybe not with a 300mm telephoto, but I'm comfortable with my 40D on a tripod about this size

7.7lb max load - why do you think it wouldn't hold most DSLRs? Maybe not with a 300mm telephoto, but I'm comfortable with my 40D on a tripod about this size

Because the general guidline for tripod capacity is to use one which has a capacity of appoximately twice the weight of your body and largest lens. Don't forget that not only do you want it to hold the body and lens, you want it to hold it securely. Try using that for a camera mounted with say a 70-200 2.8 in breezy conditions.

Later i want to upgrade to a DSLR (SONY alpha 300 or NIKON D80, CANON Rebel XTi) so i need one that supports a DSLR like those. what can i buy?

thanks!

There are lots of choices. I've been a Manfrotto user for many years, but Bogen, and Benbo are also good names. I would consider looking at something like Manfrotto 190 or 055 legs and top that with a 468 or 488 ball head. Look around on your local used boards; tripods are a great thing to buy used as it's very easy to tell if they work or not.

Since tripods are the tool which support hundreds or thousands of dollars in gear, they're not the place to scrimp on quality (Read: Don't buy cheap!). Be prepared to spend between $150 (well used, aluminum) and $750 (brand-new, carbon-fibre).

ok, i saw ones in amazon i i like it, but i saw this heads: 484, 486 & 488. it has to be the 488?

thanks

It can be almost any head really. I would shy away from the 484 head though, as it's really meant for light-duty work; the 488 gives you twice the load capacity and a separate panorama contol. The 468 with the addition of a separate tension control is a great head, but is probably more than most people need.

ok so i think ill get the manfrotto 190XPROB and the 488RC2 ball head.

Thanks for the help :)

How tall are you? A consideration on legs is also the maximum height without the center column extended. I didn't want to have to bend over and wound up with the 055X legs.

I also have the 488RC4 and 322RC2 heads. Both are very good heads.

im 5.8 (173 cm) and the maximum height without the center column extended is 48 inches.

wich is better? 488RC2 or 322RC2?

thanks

When I first got a tripod, I was looking at Bogen and Manfrotto but then read a recommendation on here about Amvona tripods. I looked on their website and found what I wanted and then watched their auctions on ebay. Got legs and a pistol grip ball head for about $85 shipped. Came with a bag but it had a small hole in it so I emailed them and they shipped me a thicker, much nicer carrying bag for free, no questions asked. I say that because some people have complained about their customer service, I haven't had a problem.

The set-up is heavy and built like a tank but I trust it fully.

Amvona 720 imagine, discover, connect.

their ebay name is amvona.com

Good luck in your search for the perfect tripod

Most reactions

New Topics

Back