Tripod?

Just received my manfrotto 390 series tripod. It is amazing! Everyone had me worried about the height but If you see fully extended its almost 5 feet tall. I love the ball mount it's all metal of some sort. Not plastic. It collapses fairly small as you can all see. Really nice construction and build quality. Well worth the $100!!

60f6e43f-44f5-af3c.jpg
60f6e43f-4501-44a2.jpg
60f6e43f-450b-45fe.jpg
60f6e43f-4512-f2fc.jpg

:beer:

Underneath the locking lever there should also be a small brass-looking lever. If it's there do yourself a favor and get in the habit early of always pulling that second lock out. All it takes is getting the primary locking lever hung in a shirt or camera strap and your camera will be on the ground. The secondary lock prevents the large lock from moving. I can't tell from the photos whether it's there or not but if it is there is a reason for it being there and you would be well-advised to start using it.

Underneath the locking lever there should also be a small brass-looking lever. If it's there do yourself a favor and get in the habit early of always pulling that second lock out. All it takes is getting the primary locking lever hung in a shirt or camera strap and your camera will be on the ground. The secondary lock prevents the large lock from moving. I can't tell from the photos whether it's there or not but if it is there is a reason for it being there and you would be well-advised to start using it.

Yep this one has it and it's a mandatory locking lever. You have to disengage/engage it in order for the primary locking lever to work!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just a suggestion, but I have been absolutely thrilled with my Vanguard 263AGH. It may be heavy, but I like my tripods that way when it comes to wildlife photography. The thing is built like a tank.

Amazon.com: Vanguard Alta Pro 263AGH Aluminum Tripod with GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head: Camera & Photo

E
DIT: It would seem I'm a tad behind :p

:drool:that really looks GOOD! i'll save my pennies for a new lens first. this Manfrotto really is not bad for an entry level tripod. not to mention i'll probably be doing most of my shots during the day, shooting subjects on the go. hopefully that 70-200 non-IS L lens can fit the bill, worse case scenario is I have the manfrotto to compensate for camera movement! :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So I was messing with my tripod and discovered something amazing!! I can shoot objects from a "god" point of view (forgive me for not knowing what it's called!) I think this could open up my photography styles to many different angles and ideas! Thoughts?

60f6e43f-9b00-ed84.jpg
60f6e43f-9b08-b9a7.jpg
60f6e43f-9b0f-e388.jpg
60f6e43f-9b1c-a617.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back