What's new

Tripods

mossyoak1101

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the market for a new tripod. Then only ones i have now are cheap pieces of junk that i got from walmart. I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good tripod for me that won't cost me an arm and a leg. My price limit is around $150. I will be using it mostly for indoor portraits but also for landscapes and long exposure waterfall shots. I would love to hear any suggestion as to what are good ones and others to stay away from. Thanks
 
Thanks imstuner! I was also wondering what kind of head would be best if i was going to shoot video also?
 
I have the same 190XPROB tripod but i have the 488RC2 head. I love and would recommend both!

Although, i think my 488RC2 was replaced by the 498RC2
 
I had a similar budget last year and a friend recommended the Weifang 717 tripod kit. I found it on eBay for $160 shipped and it's fantastic. Not long after I got it, the head was highly recommended by CheesyCam as a low cost high quality alternative to the 701HDV.

The only problem I have with it is the legs are steel and heavy. So, I ordered the EI-717AH head for $80 and I got a set of HorrusBennu 988X lightweight legs for $50. Together they make an outstanding light video tripod that's very solid and much more versatile than my original tripod. I use the Weifang strictly "in-studio" now. I can post eBay links if you'd like.
 
The 029 is a good Manfrotto 3-way head which will do well for general still work and videography.
 
I'm glad to hear that! I think its the one I'm gonna go with. Partly because i am tall and it has the highest working height for a tripod in its price range that i have found so far. Now i just gotta save the money for it, stupid college payments and always holding me back haha.
 
Tripod shopping goes like this
You have three features to pick from...

Inexpensive
Lightweight
Sturdy

Now pick two. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom