What's new

Truck accident - oops!

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
5,882
Reaction score
44
Location
End of the line
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got into an accident going 80+mph, flipped my truck three times (head over tail, not sideways. Guy behind me said he never saw anything like it). When I came to, the truck was lying on the drivers side. I got my seatbelt off but couldn't get out, so what should one do while waiting for the rescuers? yeah, I had my camera with me.

7701882992_d555cca971_b.jpg


7701882798_ac3698c05a_z.jpg


7701883180_3e86aa0890_b.jpg


Yup. (as an aside, fractured my neck - C5. Joy... Very lucky though. Surgery, and now I have to wear a collar for a long time but could have been much worse).
 
Only a photography nut would break out his camera to photograph his own wreck from the inside :) The cop in #1 seems to agree.

Good to see you're fine, considering what could've been a tragedy. We would've missed out on seeing these photos.
 
Wow. Just. Wow. I'm speechless. And that almost NEVER happens. :D

Seriously, dude, I think you get the prize. The prize for WHAT, I'm not sure. :lol:

Glad you're at least reasonably okay!

P.S. You blew out the sky in that second shot... :biglaugh:
 
Only a photography nut would break out his camera to photograph his own wreck from the inside :) The cop in #1 seems to agree.

Good to see you're fine, considering what could've been a tragedy. We would've missed out on seeing these photos.

I do wonder what that policeman thought of the whole thing, lol.
 
haha about the blown out sky, I know! ;) I missed my calling - I should have been a photojournalist!

If anyone is curious to see what the truck looked like later, heres my facebook album: Facebook
 
My gear was actually fine, not even a dent in a stand.
 
This thread delivers, glad you made it through the crash to be able to shoot those epic pics!
 
DUDE! You deserve an engraved plaque from the photo community for your dedication to the art. The cops were probably telling a story about the nut with the camera back at the station.
 
Facebook thread is DEAD. Glad you are NOT.
 
Glad you are okay!

The first image is Awesome!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom