Trust in Money...a series. (56K beware!)

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
So I got a little crazy with the super macro tonight and started on a theme. Maybe ya'll will like it as much as I did. :D

From a quarter
10trust.jpg

From a dime
25trust.jpg

From a nickle
5trust.jpg

From a penny
1trust.jpg

And from a $2 bill
2trust.jpg

great work as always Aubrey. :thumbsup: i need to try this stuff!

Cruzin said:
Good ones. does the p inticate any thing?
It's the "Pensylvania" Mint(where it was made)

Although, I don't think it actually means anything in the picture it's self..

I really like it as a series. I love how photography focuses your ability to notice the details and develops your creativity. That is an aspect of photography that I am still working on which is why I particularly like this series. I'm thinking how many times a day I handle money and never thought of putting something like this together. Really great job.

Thanks guys. The penny is my favorite too. I'm working on a series of pictures from the back of the new quarters too but still have a lot to go. Hearing comments like this makes me want to finish it even more. :D

Hi there, I'm new to the forums and REALLY enjoy macro photography so these coin pics immediately caught my eye. Very nice work!

I have two digital cams, an Olympus D-460 and my newest one I bought last week which is a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3 (a great cam!). I'm still a bit of a newb to photography as a whole (digital and film) so I've got a ways to go yet.

That being said, I'm very curious to know what camera you used for these shots, what (if any) add on lenses you may have used, settings, lighting, etc. My Z3 does really good super macro shots, but to be honest I have yet to be able to get the clarity that you have, but I'm not far off. If you've got any pointers or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

I've got a couple of these I can do. Thanks for bringing it back into my head Aubrey. :)
I think the first is the best. Just because all of the word is in the dof.

SeaBreeze said:
Hi there, I'm new to the forums and REALLY enjoy macro photography so these coin pics immediately caught my eye. Very nice work!

I have two digital cams, an Olympus D-460 and my newest one I bought last week which is a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3 (a great cam!). I'm still a bit of a newb to photography as a whole (digital and film) so I've got a ways to go yet.

That being said, I'm very curious to know what camera you used for these shots, what (if any) add on lenses you may have used, settings, lighting, etc. My Z3 does really good super macro shots, but to be honest I have yet to be able to get the clarity that you have, but I'm not far off. If you've got any pointers or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Welcome to the forums! I use a Kodak DX6490 for these macro shots with a Konica fixed 50mm SLR lens backwards on the front of it. I did a tutorial on how I do it that you can watch. You can see it here. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back