Trying and Failing to Make a Simple Watermark.. Help!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

So this is the idea, but I hate how the "sun" looks. Any ideas on how to fix it? I want it nice and simple, just like pictured.

Cheers!
Jake

If you're using something like PS (layers) maybe try to do the rays first, crossing each at the center, then overlay the sun circle on that. Finally clean up the ray ends with transparent circle, then erase the bottom half (or overlay with a white rectangle). Flatten the layers then add the text.

Last edited:
What are you using to make it? Try hand drawing & scanning the sun, maybe.

Photoshop. In my head it looks perfect but in reality it looks lame..

I would ditch the fade on the sun part, and increase it in the rays. At least Im assuming thats supposed to be a sun. The solid lines traveling out of the fade marks from the ball look kinda funked.

I was editing when you answered.

I would ditch the fade on the sun part, and increase it in the rays. At least Im assuming thats supposed to be a sun. The solid lines traveling out of the fade marks from the ball look kinda funked.

Maybe setting the sun a bit lower too? I'll have to work on it some more tomorrow. I just registered a domain and such, so now I'm trying to build my website. And then realized I need a watermark too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general, I'd expect the rays to be triangular, rather than rectangular. Make the complete shape for the sun and rays, then fill it and apply a gradient to it as one shape.

In general, I'd expect the rays to be triangular, rather than rectangular. Make the complete shape for the sun and rays, then fill it and apply a gradient to it as one shape.

Light on top to dark on bottom?

Maybe rethink the spacing of the lettering, you're trying to fit the sun into a wide space without much height to it. Not sure about all caps either, or having one word sideways, maybe it needs some adjustment to fit the sun and rays better.

A radial gradient from the center out.

To make something like what you're trying to do, you can start with a new document; make a circle, create and new layer and make a triangle, adjust the shape of the triangle to taste (free transform makes this easy) then duplicate that layer over and over till you have all your "rays". You can adjust the size and shape of each ray independently on their own layers. When it all looks good merge them into one layer, create a mask and apply the radial blur, apply the layer mask and save the image. ;)

A radial gradient from the center out.

To make something like what you're trying to do, you can start with a new document; make a circle, create and new layer and make a triangle, adjust the shape of the triangle to taste (free transform makes this easy) then duplicate that layer over and over till you have all your "rays". You can adjust the size and shape of each ray independently on their own layers. When it all looks good merge them into one layer, create a mask and apply the radial blur, apply the layer mask and save the image. ;)

Man, I hate knowing so little about photoshop. I'll do a rework tomorrow and see where that gets me.

Cheers!
Jake

looks like the rays and the oval are all diff layers, each has a gradient? first, I agree as someone said above, make the rays more like triangles, then group everything into one layer "the sun" THEN put gradient, so that not each object has its own gradient.

looks like the rays and the oval are all diff layers, each has a gradient? first, I agree as someone said above, make the rays more like triangles, then group everything into one layer "the sun" THEN put gradient, so that not each object has its own gradient.

I'll have to try this later this evening. I really need to become more adept with Photoshop..

$rsp.jpg

$rsp4.jpg$rsp3.jpg$rsp2.jpg

That'll be $1200

Most reactions

New Topics

Back