Trying macro

bogdan.m

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, i like landscape photography better, but i saw a flower and i thought it would be nice to try out a bit of macro, now i know i don't have the gear for macro, but at what point exactly is a photo considered macro? And feel free to critique my photo, i always like to learn new stuff :)

TbHrED

link doesn't work, or i have no idea how to post a photo... sorry for double post but i can't find the edit button
Link

Definitions of macro used to say at life-size, or 1:1 magnification or greater, such as larger-than-life sizes, such as 1.5:1, or 2:1, or 3:1, and so on. Common-English usage of the term macro sort of has evolved (devolved?) to mean close-up shots in the 1:6 or 1:4 or 1:2 range as well. Close-up and macro are not really the same things, but common usage has sort of blurred the lines, as have lens manufacturers calling zooms with 1:4 and 1:5 and 1:6 maximum magnification "macro zoom lenses".

I don't have a macro lens, but I do play aroud with reverse lens macro sometimes (like when I spotted a ladybird on my window sill the other day :D). Have you tried that?

I don't have a macro lens, but I do play aroud with reverse lens macro sometimes (like when I spotted a ladybird on my window sill the other day :D). Have you tried that?

No i haven't, please elaborate the technique please, i've never heard it before.

thank you, i flipped my lens around, there is a whole new world out there, and that ring is on the way, for a few dollars i might try macro a few more times, maybe i will like it :)

Good for you..Just holding the lens in place can work after a fashion, but the reversing ring will be easiest.

As i promised, i've played with that technique a bit more, and i got this ,i still don't know how to post a photo from flickr here :( and also a wasp , i would like to see your opinions on these photos :)

Now accepting general critique :) and i finally found how to post pictures from flickr

Macro flower by Bogdan M, on Flickr

That's really beautiful. I like how it really has a 3D feel because some of the stamens are out of focus and others are in.

Is there a tutorial for posting from Flickr? I still haven't figured it out.

"Rule 408: Time is not the boss of you"

when u press share on flickr, copy the BBcode and paste it the way it is. Thank u for appreciation :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back