Trying my hand at a website.

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Although I'm not new to creating websites I've been somewhat at a loss of how to handle one for displaying my photography.

I'm not pro, I guess I consider myself a recreational photographer and just enjoy it.

Anyway, there's not much for content yet but I figured I'd get a general feel from those who care to take a peek and comment on what I have so far.

Light Artisan

PS
I have ALWAYS created a forum for anything I get involved in, whether it's geocaching, trucks, GPS devices, you name it... you can disregard the forum link if you wish, that's not my intent of this thread.

Thanks!

Pretty easy to navigate, it's a simple form it seems.

The map part is pretty cool too, how did you add that feature?
something that bugs me is exiting the photos, you have to click "close" you can't just click outside of the picture, not sure if you have control over that...

I took a quick peek.

It is difficult to read what has been written. I do not know if this is my computer or your design, you may have to wait for other responses.

The photo display.
The scroll bar to the right is distracting. Why not have photos display in size, with a possibility of being enlarged?

I know this is a beginning for you, but maybe become a little more creative in the home page. I know there are a ton of sites out there, but set yourself apart from them with creativity.

Good luck, if you like, as you work this site, keep us posted and I will chime in.

You may also look into creating a webiste with a CMS (content management system) such as Drupal or Joomla. (both are open source)

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate all the input!

For the photo piece (with maps feature) I'm using Jet Photo Studio, it's really slick. From there I just used standard HTML iframes to seemlessly incorporate the pages.

I'm trying to re-create the errors some of you have pointed out with no success (reading the text and having the photo close by clicking outside the photo area).

Last edited:
Not bad i would add some more colors to break it up, i like having a picture of some sort for a heading. on mine i have a panoramic image that i took as the header, and a side bar that has a slight color change Lighter background may make it easier to read text, i would try to put lighter area where the text is and darker where nothing is to make pictures stand out more. if you want to take a look at mine i will post a link. note that i am redoing it at the moment and there is just a site down page with the general template.

http://www.focus-wisconsin.com

Some good ideas there, thanks!

I'll try and find some time to work on it tonight and see if I can liven it up, you're right - it needs more color.

Thanks again everyone!

Some good ideas there, thanks!

I'll try and find some time to work on it tonight and see if I can liven it up, you're right - it needs more color.

Thanks again everyone!

I joined the forums as well kind of cool got some more ideas for you if you need them i will see you in the forums on both sites.

Have fun!

nice start just keep at it. I found once i start with this site i wanted to do the same thing by starting my own website to display my pics ,but watch out times flies when your having fun.

http://nenewsimages.com

I like it! I think it still needs some work but looks like its going in a nice direction.

I just starting Geocaching last week! Its pretty awesome, should give me some good opportunities for pictures as well.

I like it! I think it still needs some work but looks like its going in a nice direction.

I just starting Geocaching last week! Its pretty awesome, should give me some good opportunities for pictures as well.

We used to do that. I be it would give some good images.

Thanks man!

Yeah, geocaching can take you to places in your home town you never knew existed and really give you some pristine views!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back