Trying my hand at people pictures

Reece Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bought an old chair from Good Will and had a couple of my friends come with me down to one of my favorite spots in AZ for a shoot. These were some of my favorites but I'm new to people pictures so I want some good C&C! I pointed out some of the things I noticed in them.

All shot with D700

These were shot with 24-70mm at f2.8 ISO 200 and various shutter speeds.

DSC_1284.jpg

Slight Vignetting and the blonde's expression kind of ruined it but I like the brunette's overall posture.
DSC_1287.jpg

DSC_1293.jpg

I wish I wouldn't have chopped off mid-shin.
DSC_1314.jpg

DSC_1379.jpg

80-200 at f2.8 ISO 200 and various shutter speeds

DSC_1390.jpg

DSC_1394.jpg

DSC_1397.jpg

Looked like you had a good time... I like #1 the best. Not sure if it's the photo or the legs but either way I like it.

The 5th one (would make it a little easier if you numbered them) is a great shot. I think a little reflective light would have made it better. Could have made you (?) and the girls all at the same level. The shadow from the hatch is just a little much.

Most of them, IMO, could have been made better if they were a little warmer.

All in all... Good job!

I like the one of the one girl in the back of the jeep. I'd like to see it with a vintage stile edit.

Great shots Man :thumbup:

You have beautiful friends :)

Thanks for the compliments guys but I gotta say because of the rivalry between toyota and Jeep that it's a Toyota Land Cruiser :p

To Perfectly Flawed, they weren't shot in town, it's just north of Black Canyon City.

I like the one of the one girl in the back of the jeep. I'd like to see it with a vintage stile edit.

since is OK to edit, i gave it a try.

great shots btw!
4667418087_877a2ff9e8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments guys but I gotta say because of the rivalry between toyota and Jeep that it's a Toyota Land Cruiser :p

To Perfectly Flawed, they weren't shot in town, it's just north of Black Canyon City.

I just moved here to Tempe.. no idea where thats at :lmao:
Looks like a fun spot though! nice pics

since is OK to edit, i gave it a try.

great shots btw!
4667418087_877a2ff9e8_b.jpg

I've been trying to find a tutorial on youtube on how to do this look (vintage), What procedure in photoshop is taken to get this look?

Most reactions

Back