I think the way you are playing the foregrounds against the backgrounds in these shots shows a lot of promise. My favorite is the bridge with the old pilings as the foreground, and then the tree with bridge in the background. I like the idea of the sternwheeler in the background, seen against the foreground of the old,rusty boilers or whatever they are, but think the background size is too small, due to too short of a focal length used to take the photo; I would like to see the sternwheeler rendered larger, by shooting with a longer lens, from farther away, with enough DOF to pull focus on the foreground. One thing I do think is successful is allowing the colors to go blueish and twilight-y....for me, that works!
That is a really cool-looking old house design! it looks like they built a garage/shop at ground level with the living quarters upstairs, and situated the house right on the edge of a little swale in the ground--a neat-looking design,really. I'm not really feelin' the Lensbaby-type effect on the OOF edge of the left side of the picture, but the sepia toning looks wonderful. It looks like the transition from in-focus to out of focus on the right hand side is a bit too abrupt, and was done in PS.
Overall, I think you're "making photographs" here, and not just "taking pictures". It's pretty obvious that there are choices being made: point of view, cropping, toning,etc.