What's new

Trying out my new f1.8 zeiss lens

richardquinn80

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
60
Reaction score
7
Crack on with the critics haha, that's what I need,,,,,,,
 

Attachments

  • $image-857359607.webp
    $image-857359607.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 197
  • $image-107563397.webp
    $image-107563397.webp
    66 KB · Views: 176
  • $image-2106745531.webp
    $image-2106745531.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 156
  • $image-343716965.webp
    $image-343716965.webp
    96 KB · Views: 162
What mm?

These are all manual focus lenses and it takes a bit getting used to. The girl seems a bit soft in each shot. It is quite pronounced in the last shot you are focusing too far forward of your primary target (leaves on the tree are the sharpest elements in the shot). When I got my 21mm Zeiss, I set up a series of "targets" which were crosshairs made up of type, ensuring each was as perfectly vertical as I could get, then set up additional props around the targets and practiced focusing until I could hit the target every single time. I thought it would be a piece of cake..Wrong! Also, because they are manual focus, your diopter calibration has to be spot on.
 
Last edited:
Nice set, but if this lens doesn't have VR you in need of tripod...
 
I like the first one and the third one, great expressions on her face and especially the third one is something a little different, I like the composition and the feeling of the moment.

I think it might be more the focus, in the second one the blue background looks like it might be more in focus than she is, maybe it would just take some practice. I learned with manual mechanical cameras but don't even remember how I learned to focus manually except I do sometimes focus just past where it starts to go out of focus again then go back to where it looks sharpest. If I'm having trouble I sometimes take a quick break, just put the camera down momentarily then focus again.
 
I have to stand corrected, it is one of the few Zeiss lenses with autofocus. Interesting.
 
I have to stand corrected, it is one of the few Zeiss lenses with autofocus. Interesting.
thanks for your feedback, I think u may have a point tho, I will try to use the manual focus next as I reckon as you said the subject isn't as shard as it should be
 
I like the first one and the third one, great expressions on her face and especially the third one is something a little different, I like the composition and the feeling of the moment. I think it might be more the focus, in the second one the blue background looks like it might be more in focus than she is, maybe it would just take some practice. I learned with manual mechanical cameras but don't even remember how I learned to focus manually except I do sometimes focus just past where it starts to go out of focus again then go back to where it looks sharpest. If I'm having trouble I sometimes take a quick break, just put the camera down momentarily then focus again.
yes your right , I need to practice more focusing manually, and yes I see your point about the second pic, thanks this is all helpful to me
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom