Trying something new C&C please!

ttobaben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a couple of images I would like feed back on. This young woman requested images focusing on her make-up. I have never shot anything like this before and was looking for areas that I could improve. I would appreciate any feedback! (Note: one of the pictures has a yellow cast...I am aware of this as a yellow gel was used on the flash during the shoot...we were just exploring the creative side of things!) Thanks!
1. $Marisol.jpg
2. $Marisol_Makeup.jpg

I like these. The model looks good. The only thing that's bugging me is the catch lights in the center of the eyes on the first one. Was the left edge on the first one intended to be that way? Look at the lavender to see what I mean. It's like a layer was copied and moved slightly. Great job!

I like them! You should try playing with the colour balance adjustment layers and playing with balancing cooler shadows with warm mid tones and highlights in Photoshop. There are a few tutorials by Phlearn on this - it would help you with balancing the yellow cast. I personally like the catch lights - they are round and nice and big. The only distraction I find is the white blob on the centre left of the first photo.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure how I missed what was going on with the left edge, now that you point it out it's a glaring issue. I am sure it was a result of working with the layers at some point in the process. Fooby, while I understand what you are saying about the color cast on the first image, that was a "creative choice." I do however think that I will play with the image a little as you mentioned above in the effort to gain some knowledge of correcting color. Again, with regards to the "white blob," another duh, how did I miss that moment. Again, thank you both for the feedback...helps me identify what I need to watch for in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back