Trying the new 50mm

chantal7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With pepsi cans! At first I liked the way the photos turned out, but then the more I look at them, the more I'm not sure I like them that much. Maybe one of them I like, that being #1, but not so much the others. Tell me what you think?

(Note there was no editing what-so-ever ... except for the signature of course)

IMG_1154c.jpg

2. I cropped the "chair" out of the first photo... and I still think I like the first one better...
IMG_1154Cropc.jpg

IMG_1156c.jpg

IMG_1144c.jpg

In the background it looks like the cans are making the Pesi logo/symbol. While they are good pictures the lighting is not so good. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the 50mm as I do!

Nice shots... 50mm is one of my favorite lenses.

In the background it looks like the cans are making the Pesi logo/symbol. While they are good pictures the lighting is not so good. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the 50mm as I do!

Ok :) Thanks! Is there anything I can do to make the light better? I do realize I did take this in a darker area, so I spose I shouldn't do that again :lol:

I am enjoying the 50mm thus far :)

Thanks big boi! Haha. Funny name!

Ok :) Thanks! Is there anything I can do to make the light better? I do realize I did take this in a darker area, so I spose I shouldn't do that again :lol:

I am enjoying the 50mm thus far :)

Thanks big boi! Haha. Funny name!
If you have a flash, get that off the camera and invest with an umbrella. It really does bring new depth into photography!

If you have a flash, get that off the camera and invest with an umbrella. It really does bring new depth into photography!

I have a Speedlite 430EX flash! I think I'd need some kind of remote trigger, tho?

I have a Speedlite 430EX flash! I think I'd need some kind of remote trigger, tho?
Yeah, I'm a bum and don't really know the logistics of flash and exposure quite yet so I bought the ETTL transmitter from Canon, it works so well and offers a range of creativity. The down-side is that it's expensive. You could however, buy a cord that plugs into your flash bracket on your camera and into your flash and I think that you'll have ETTL capibility, not sure though.

Yeah, I'm a bum and don't really know the logistics of flash and exposure quite yet so I bought the ETTL transmitter from Canon, it works so well and offers a range of creativity. The down-side is that it's expensive. You could however, buy a cord that plugs into your flash bracket on your camera and into your flash and I think that you'll have ETTL capibility, not sure though.

Yeah, I knew they were quite expensive. I think that's an area I'll experiment with a little later, I'd rather buy more lenses :). I am sure there's a way to do it with a cord, too, hehe. And you're not the only bum here that doesn't know! haha

Here are some more... too bad the WB is a little off... or is it okay?

1. Portrait
IMG_1223.jpg

2. Close up of the eye
IMG_1224.jpg

3. Brother being a bad influence (not so much a portrait picture, but it was okay)
IMG_1325.jpg

Great Shots, I love my 50mm. It is a perfect lense for portraits. Keep up the good work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back