Trying to decide on a flash

Hey guys, I know most of us are gear nerds, but give her a break.
99+% of flash users won't be doing multi-flash setups.

Haha yeah I don’t want to go over board but I also don’t want to have to upgrade right away

I agree with this...almost any $75 Made in China type of modern speedlight will be what you want for photos of the new grand-baby.

Yes, but its a better base if the she slips on the slope.

Can someone explain the difference in the one I posted and the flashpoint one? I really have no clue. I want to get one ordered today or else I may not get it before Christmas!

Can someone explain the difference in the one I posted and the flashpoint one? I really have no clue. I want to get one ordered today or else I may not get it before Christmas!
Godox is a Chinese company that makes very affordable, and surprisingly decent quality lighting equipment. Their products are sold under various names, including Godox, Neewer, and Flashpoint (through Adorama). It looks like the product you linked to might be another rebranded Godox flash, but it's not a brand I've heard of. I picked up my Godox gear through B&H, but most people would actually recommend getting the Flashpoint versions through Adorama, since they sell the same equipment at the same prices, but with their own warranty. A nice chart of Godox models and Flashpoint equivalents can be found here.

With the Godox/FlashPoint flash system, you basically have 2 decisions to make with speed lights: TTL or manual, and AA or rechargeable. I use manual flashes because they are cheaper and I never had much use for TTL, and I use the AA versions since rechargeable AA batteries are a lot cheaper than the battery packs they use. Just make sure to get the versions that will work with your camera if you get the TTL versions. The wireless triggers are also camera-specific if you want TTL capabilities.

I hope this helps!

Godox is a Chinese company that makes very affordable, and surprisingly decent quality lighting equipment. Their products are sold under various names, including Godox, Neewer, and Flashpoint (through Adorama). It looks like the product you linked to might be another rebranded Godox flash, but it's not a brand I've heard of. I picked up my Godox gear through B&H, but most people would actually recommend getting the Flashpoint versions through Adorama, since they sell the same equipment at the same prices, but with their own warranty. A nice chart of Godox models and Flashpoint equivalents can be found here.

With the Godox/FlashPoint flash system, you basically have 2 decisions to make with speed lights: TTL or manual, and AA or rechargeable. I use manual flashes because they are cheaper and I never had much use for TTL, and I use the AA versions since rechargeable AA batteries are a lot cheaper than the battery packs they use. Just make sure to get the versions that will work with your camera if you get the TTL versions. The wireless triggers are also camera-specific if you want TTL capabilities.

I hope this helps!
Thank you so much!! Well the one I linked says works with canon rebel series which means I believe it’ll work with my SL2. I don’t fully understand all the ttl/receiver etc talk lol. I’d like it to be not too complicated so I can get shots fairly quick Christmas morning. ☺️ 18 mo old don’t sit still long .

1. I own the Flashpoint R2 TTL Zoom and can personally recommend it.
  2. Never heard of that brand or it's distributor.

Based on what I'm finding on the ap-c1001:
  3. The flash is poorly constructed.
  4. Zoom is noisy and loud.
  5. Has a 90sec sleep timer you cannot disable.
  6. The bounce card and diffuser card are very small in relation to the size of the flash head.
  7. Cannot fully swivel 180° in either direction (a huge negative to me)
  8. short zoom range of 24-105mm
  9. lacks built in radio Controller+Receiver

The flash reminds me a lot of the Neewer vk-750ii which I wouldn't really recommend.

Will it work, yes. But for for a little extra investment, you could have something a little better.

Godox (T865?) and remote trigger for you setup, can suit having fun with the family and a lot more as you develop :). Had Godox on my A7ii, lovely piece of kit...

275E5051-5189-404F-AA08-915086C94D0F.png

Is this the right one ? I can get by Saturday if I order shortly !

literally the same flash I've been pushing on you under a different brand name.

bphotovideo.com sells the Godox brand, but Flashpoint is specifically branded and sold through adorama.com

At this point My concern is when is the arrival date ! Haha

It says on that Godox one I linked which camera it works with but I don’t see canon sl2!?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would forget buying a manual flash. Manual flash is for people who know what they're doing, and who seldom take on the go,spontaneous, unplanned flash photos. For the beginning to intermediate shooter TTL, which means through the lens,flash metering and automated exposure control and correction,is vastly superior to all manual. I would buy the flash that brainiac has been recommending, under any brand name you want. The thing is,when you buy from Adorama you have their warranty and their store

Most reactions

New Topics

Back