Trying to learn Macro Photography

sigma's line of macro primes (70 - 105 - 150 and 180mm) are all a very good line of sharp and well built macro lenses, I use a 150mm myself.
The extension tubes are not essential if you get a proper macro lens, but for playing and enhancing what you have they are a great boon - though starting out you wll have enough troubles chasing after insects at just 1:1 macro :)

If its a choice of 1 or the other and you have money for the lens. Get the lens first. If you have enough for both. I highly suggest to get both. Like mentioned above really hard for something that moves alot. And if you don't have a decent one yet. A good tripod. Matter of fact tripod before extension tubes for sure. And you might consider remote release for the camera. As just pushing the shutter button could be enough to shake the camera and ruin sharp focus. Just like anything there are alot of variables.

Yea, good excuse. :D Sounds good to me. :sexywink:
What I think I finally got across is even with a couple AF spots you still may not be getting the camera to focus on what you want. I hope she doesn't get her hands on the d-300 with 51 AF spots. I will be in trouble then. She will probalby relapse back. :lol:

it's the only camera I have with AF :lmao: but if you are curious

lol preemptive strike, Manual film camera and bellows....No AF points there :lol:

sigma's line of macro primes (70 - 105 - 150 and 180mm) are all a very good line of sharp and well built macro lenses, I use a 150mm myself.
The extension tubes are not essential if you get a proper macro lens, but for playing and enhancing what you have they are a great boon - though starting out you wll have enough troubles chasing after insects at just 1:1 macro :)

Yes, extention tubes are not necessary with a true dedicated macro prime, they are fun to put together if you are curious I should prolly reprocess that at somepoint in time, I had some crappy software back then but anywho that was a FD 50mm 3.5 macro on FL bellows :D

*EDIT*
If its a choice of 1 or the other and you have money for the lens. Get the lens first. If you have enough for both. I highly suggest to get both. Like mentioned above really hard for something that moves alot. And if you don't have a decent one yet. A good tripod. Matter of fact tripod before extension tubes for sure. And you might consider remote release for the camera. As just pushing the shutter button could be enough to shake the camera and ruin sharp focus. Just like anything there are alot of variables.

Yes, tripod for sure, the remote release can wait if you have and know how to use your delayed release function.

Lock the mirror up too, that is almost a must. Mirror smack can destroy many would be 1:1 let alone supermacros.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back