TTL device stuck on Zenza Bronica S2A

laurent.delhaie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently bought a Zenza Bronica S2A with a vintage TTL exposure meter. This exposure meter came in two parts: one part to be mounted as a viewfinder and the other part to be mounted on the shutter speed selection wheel (small 4 claws mount). I wanted to give it a try and mounted it on the camera, but the part on the shutter speed wheel is now unmountable! It is really stuck to it and I fear to break something in the speed selection mechanism if I force too much on it. Do you know about a solution to this problem or do you have any suggestion? I looked for a manual of the exposure meter but didn't find anything.
Thank you
Regards,
Laurent

IMG-1170.jpg

You might try asking over at the photrio.com site. Believe you still can adjust shutter speeds, right?

Thanks for the advice. I’m gonna have a look.
I still can adjust shutter speeds, but it’s a huge piece and not easy to fit in bag like this, so I’d like to unmount it if possible.
I ordered the original instructions manual (had to pay for this as I didn’t find any free version) and it was proposed as a paper version only. So I just now have to wait for it to come by post mail from the uk (I leave in Belgium). I hope it will give me a solution, maybe some mysterious manipulation to unlock it as there seems to be many on this camera (like the one to detach the film back for instance).

I checked with a friend who had that 2 piece TTL meter and manual but it got sold over the summer. He claimed he never used it and had no clue how the shutter speed attachment coupled to the body. We always joked that it looked like a movie prop from an early Godzilla film. Beautifully made but a bit awkward on an already big camera. Good luck!

It looks to me like it bayonets on so it must twist to come off. Maybe there is an unlock button on it somewhere that must be held down as you twist?

There are some of these for sale on eBay. You could write to the sellers and ask them how to remove it.

Thanks for the advice. I’m gonna have a look.
I still can adjust shutter speeds, but it’s a huge piece and not easy to fit in bag like this, so I’d like to unmount it if possible.
I ordered the original instructions manual (had to pay for this as I didn’t find any free version) and it was proposed as a paper version only. So I just now have to wait for it to come by post mail from the uk (I leave in Belgium). I hope it will give me a solution, maybe some mysterious manipulation to unlock it as there seems to be many on this camera (like the one to detach the film back for instance).
You have probably solved this by now , but if not if you pull up on the largest black ring and turn it anti clockwise it detaches .
Did you ever get the meter to work? I would be interested in knowing as mine does not seem to work and I have no instructions for it

You have probably solved this by now , but if not if you pull up on the largest black ring and turn it anti clockwise it detaches .
Did you ever get the meter to work? I would be interested in knowing as mine does not seem to work and I have no instructions for it
This thread died over 14 1/2 months ago, and the OP hasn't been seen here since.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back