What's new

Tug boat

brannden

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Took this in Charleston, SC.
 

Attachments

  • $image-1227249403.webp
    $image-1227249403.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 97
I don't think the vignetting adds any specific value to this shot. I think the shot has to stand on its own first and this one, while there are some good features in the color and angle of the composition, lacks any real grab factor for me. I get the feeling it is a SOOC (straight out of the camera) shot. You also have a pretty serious dust problem on your sensor. These can be fixed during post processing. I'd be curious to know why you felt the need for the vignette.
 
Thank you for the comments. I would have to agree with the vignette. Now that I look at it, it doesn't do much for it. I guess because I'm still new to this and editing I feel the need to add a dramatic vignette to most of my pictures. I'll grow out of it. :)
 
That is a cool image save the vignette; please post it the other way too :D
 
That is not a tug boat, it is clearly maked as a pilot boat. It takes ship pilots out to incoming ships so they can guide/pilot them into the harbor.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom