Tulips and coffee

I like the high-key lighting, which isolates and frames the objects on the table, but I think this would work better if the cup were closer to the lens, say near the lower right corner but not too far in front of the tulips. Then the cup and the flowers on it would be larger and sharper and you would be playing those flowers against the real ones and also using the cup to lead into the tulips. Just my two cents ...

In any event, appearing to place tulips higher in importance than coffee is just so wrong:biggrin-93:

I agree - I'd like to see the cup feature a bit more prominently, and perhaps some space cut from the bottom. I envision this just much closer to both flowers and cup, even if some of the flowers are out of the frame. Love the background.

I like the high-key lighting, which isolates and frames the objects on the table, but I think this would work better if the cup were closer to the lens, say near the lower right corner but not too far in front of the tulips. Then the cup and the flowers on it would be larger and sharper and you would be playing those flowers against the real ones and also using the cup to lead into the tulips. Just my two cents ...

In any event, appearing to place tulips higher in importance than coffee is just so wrong:biggrin-93:

I have this from several different angles but none really where the cup is the closer object. But I like your thoughts on this and will give a try next time I have some fresh flowers. Thanks for the input!

I agree - I'd like to see the cup feature a bit more prominently, and perhaps some space cut from the bottom. I envision this just much closer to both flowers and cup, even if some of the flowers are out of the frame. Love the background.

I do have this closer version with some of the flowers out of the frame and I agree it is a better composition but I'm not thrilled with the focus point on this one - too far left:

Tulips1 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

The background is my kitchen window curtain. That window throws some really great light this time of year. Thanks for your comments!

Most reactions

Back