Tulips

Discussion in 'Macro Photography' started by mfdrookie516, Mar 25, 2012.

1. mfdrookie516

mfdrookie516 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Tulips are blooming, and today was the perfect day to be out (minus the wind... so maybe it wasn't such a perfect day). I had some issues early on with all of my pictures being a bit soft. After doing a ton of reading, I came across the recommendation to use the mirror lock function. Lo and behold, it worked. I've finally got some pictures I can honestly say I'm happy with. I'd love to have some critique on them though, as there's always room for improvement, especially for a noob like me who's only 2 months in to the hobby.

None of these pictures have had anything done to them except cropping and conversion to jpeg.

1:
    [​IMG]

1/200, f/10, 100

2:
    [​IMG]

1/125, f/10, 1250 (shot in AV mode w/ auto ISO)

3:
    [​IMG]

1/160, f/10, 2000 (again, in AV mode w/ auto ISO)

4:
    [​IMG]

1/200, f/10, 100 (not so macro, but shot it with my macro lens.)

The only thing I've noticed about 4 is that it would have probably looked a little better had I shot a lower aperture and had the blooms more defined in the background, but still blurred somewhat.

2. Dracaena

Dracaena TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    2 and 3 should get more space around the flower I think. Also the background of 2 takes too much attention. Your last one is the best one I think. Nice focus and repetition :thumbup:

3. Camarena

Camarena TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit